Questions Need to Be Answered

Thor crept forward with Morali pressed against his leg. Morali had a secret fear of the king of Asgard. He may have taken him in but that didn't mean he wasn't intimidating to look at or talk to.

"Father may we speak with you," asked Thor hopefully with a hasty bow. Morali copied him and dipped his head in respect.

Odin opened up one eye. "What is it Thor, Morali?"

At hearing Odin speak his name Morali shook a little bit in terror. Luckily Thor stepped in to help. "Well Morali and Aphron were wondering if you could tell us anything about their parents."

Odin seemed a bit taken back. "Their parents. Aren't they happy here?" Odin waved his hand to motion to the palace.

Aphron stepped forward quickly and bowed. "Your majesty we are very happy here but we want to know why our parents gave us up."

Odin frowned and shook his head. "I will not reveal that reason at this time."

"But why not father," Loki chimed in as he too took a step forward and bowed in respect to his father. "They do have a right to know."

Odin turned his head. "When I feel the time is right then I will share but not until then."

"But father-" began Thor but Odin just raised a hand. He didn't want to hear any mention of it anymore.

"I said enough," Odin snapped as he hit his staff against the ground. The two wolves lowered to the ground, their tails tucked between their legs. Thor and Loki just took a frightened step back. "You will wait until I say the time is ready. Now leave."

"Yes sir," sighed Morali and Aphron. They knew better than to argue since they knew this argument they would not win.

The two wolves turned and stalked away, feeling defeated and lackluster. Thor and Loki followed them closely behind. "I'm so sorry," breathed Thor but the two wolves weren't interested in listening.

"We're teenagers yet he treats us like children," grumbled Aphron into his chest fur. Loki was about to say something to him but Aphron spread his wings and flew down the hallway. Morali bunched his muscles and sprang down the hallway, wishing to be alone.