Meeting the Pack

Once they were past what anyone of the group had ever seen they began to a bit nervous. They looked around and Thor began to slow the vessel down, in case they ran into shady characters.

"Are you sure that this is a good idea," asked Thor a bit nervously.

Morali spun on him as his tail lashed. "Don't tell me that you are scared," snapped the wolf as his claws dug into the vessel in anger.

Aphron pointed his muzzle and sniffed the air. "Stop here," he ordered as Thor lowered the vessel until it stopped and grazed the ground. Aphron then leaped out with Morali right behind him. Thor and Loki followed but they were without weapons, except their strength.

"Hey," snarled a voice in front of the wolves.

Aphron stood rigid and his fur spiked along his spine. A large gray she-wolf stalked forward with a dark brown male wolf and a lithe silver male wolf following her. She looked to be in control.

"What do you two think you're doing here," growled the she-wolf as she bared her teeth in a snarl.

Aphron growled a bit but Morali pressed against him to calm him down. "We just want to talk to your alpha," informed Morali as he dipped his head in respect.

"Why would you like to speak with our alpha," asked the dark brown male wolf with a twitch of his shredded ears.

"Shut your muzzle Atuk!" The silver wolf snarled and spun to face him. "Know your place!" She then leaped and sunk her teeth into the brown wolf's throat. Atuk howled in agony and the other wolf didn't race in to help Atuk from the larger and superior she-wolf. Blood oozed down Atuk's body and onto the ground. His eyes clouded and rolled back in his head.

"Enough," grumbled the lithe silver wolf after Atuk began to choke on his own blood. "Shlif!"

Shlif growled and turned, her tail lashing. "Don't step out of line again Atuk," she spat at him before she turned back to the ground. "Why do you need to see the alpha?"

When she spoke Ahpron saw that her teeth were now stained and dripping with Atuk's blood. He felt nauseous just looking at the blood. He shook his head to clear it and gulped. "My brother and I believe that we were from this pack and we want to know more about out parentage."

"What are your names," rasped the lithe silver male wolf. Morali suddenly realized the reason he was so lithe was because of how skinny and emaciated he was. His wings looked meatier than he was.

"I'm Aphron," introduced the dark gray wolf as he spread his wings and dipped his head.

Morali then dipped his own head and tried to tuck his claws into his pads. "And I'm Morali."

"Morali and Aphron," gasped the silver male wolf as he gasped in shock. He let out a harsh breath and turned to Shlif. "We have to get them to camp, now!"

"Why not Yish," asked Shlif.

Yish thrust his muzzle an inch from hers. "Just listen to me, please! It's important."

With a reluctant nod Shlif turned and waved her tail. "Follow me," she muttered before darting forward. Yish lowered beside Atuk and pushed against him and tried to help him to his paws. Morali darted forward and helped the older wolf with Atuk.

"Come on," urged Aphron as he beamed a bit. "I think I've finally found where I came from."