Secret Hiding Place

(Thor and Loki are now about 15 or 16)

Aphron soared through the sky, angling his wings a bit so that the air would flow through them and keep him afloat. The sky was bright and meant that it was great flying weather. He kept high in the sky until he saw Loki waving his hands. He then plastered his wings against his body and plunged downward.

He then spread his wings and halted. He lowered to the ground gingerly and beamed at Loki. "Did you need something," he asked as he puffed out his fur.

Loki nodded and walked down the roads of the outside of the palace. "I think I found something. I want you to see it."

Aphron brightened and his tail wagged. "Show me the way," he urged as excitement grew in him. Loki was never dull and he knew that anything he wanted to show Aphron was worth being excited about.

Loki nodded and bolted down the roads of Asgard. He then halted at the side of a bridge that looked over water. Aphron gasped in shock and skidded to a halt at the edge. "You wanted to show me water?"

Loki rolled his eyes. "Of course not! Just trust me."

He then pointed to a vessel that was gliding over the water. Loki then leaped over the side of the bridge and landed on the vessel. Aphron sighed and spread his wings and he leaped down. His wings sliced through the water and when he made it to about an inch above the water he pulled up and barely made it. He then glided to Loki's vessel and landed before he folded his wings against his side.

"You know it would have just been easier to jump," pointed out Loki as he began to steer the vessel. He pointed it down and it began to rise above the water a bit.

"Yeah but who says I trust you," teased Aphron as he inched himself to the edge of the vessel. Since they were traveling at such a high speed the wind was whipping was Aphron's fur. He enjoyed the feeling and padded to the edge of the vessel and spread his wings. He felt the wind rush through his body and he beamed.

"I'll never understand Wolves," muttered Loki as he turned the vessel a bit.

"Well I'll never understand Asgardians," flashed Aphron as he took in the fresh air. "They are always dressing in strange garments. I don't worry about dressings as much."

Loki rolled his eyes. Usually Aphron didn't wear anything although sometimes he wore a blue cape and a helmet when he fought. "Yes that's evident." He then positioned the vessel toward the rocks. "You might want to get away from the edge. I'm not the best pilot."

Aphron frowned and leaped back, his ears plastered against his head. He watched in shock as Loki kept steering toward the rocks. "Er Loki."

"I know what I'm doing," Loki flashed as he pushed down the stick so that they would travel faster. Aphron gasped and closed his eyes. When he opened them he realized that he was traveling through the rocks. They they emerged and Aphron looked around.

He saw how dark it was and that it was covered in dirt. "Where are we," asked Aprhon as he looked around madly.

"I'm not sure," confessed Loki as he slowed down the vessel. "I just found it and I thought you would like it."

Aphron nodded as he leaned over the side of the vessel and looked down. "Does Thor know about it?"

Loki looked down. "Not yet but I was going to tell him. He's probably the next best thing after Odin."

Aphron nodded in agreement and lowered back down next to Loki. "So you just stumbled here? You were just walking and you walked through the rocks until you got here?"

Loki sat down and sighed. "No not entirely. I heard of this place and I wanted to see if it was really here."

"Yeah I'd say it's really here." He then laid down and rested his head on his paws. He yawned and bared his teeth a bit. "Hey Loki can I ask you something?"

Loki shrugged. "Sure Aphron. I'll try to give you my honest answer."

"D-Do you think that my parents might have lived here," he wondered curiously.

Loki flinched a bit. "I'm not sure Aphron," he confessed slowly. "I don't think so since I haven't see any creatures of any kind."

"Oh," sighed Aphron as he looked at his paws and his eyes turned clouded in grief. Loki wasn't exactly sure why Aphron cared so much about his parents but then again he knew who his parents were.

"Why do you care so much," asked Loki a little too harshly.

Aphron didn't take it too harshly. "Just because I don't know where Morali and I came from. I don't know why my parents gave me up."'

"Well do you really want to know," asked Loki as he stretched out a hand to stroke Aphron's head.

He raised his head a bit and nodded vigorously.

"Well I think I know where we can start."