Rude Awakening

"Get up," snapped Thor as he shook Morali's shoulders to wake him up.

The wolf yelped and pushed himself to his paws. He turned and saw that his brother was already awake with his fur bristling. He looked ready for a fight yet he wasn't the best fighter. However his illusions could provide a great help to their fighting.

"Are we almost there," asked Morali as he licked his paw and drew it over his ears.

"Yes," replied Loki and Morali realized that he had slowed down the vessel a lot.

Aphron blinked his eyes and shook his pelt. "Are you ready for a fight, Morali?"

Morali strode up to his brother and rubbed his head against his brother's shoulder affectionately. Aphron yipped happily and licked his brother's ear. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this," sighed Aphron as his eyes softened.

"I don't blame you," assured Morali. "I was angry as well but I didn't lash out like you did. It's just our personality."

"I don't think that I reacted right." He hung his head and sighed deeply. "I don't want to end up like dad, always bitter."

"You won't," gasped Morali as he licked Aphron's muzzle swiftly as he tried to comfort him. "We may have his genes but that doesn't mean we have to turn out like him. Perhaps mother was not like him."

"He's a wolf-heart," snapped Aphron as he curled his muzzle in disgust. "I'm afraid I'd turning harsh and unapproachable."

Morali nudged his head against his brother's head and whispered in his ear. "You're not. You just have a special personality. Your intelligence is your strong suit."

Aphron wagged his tail, feeling excitement pulse through him.

"If you can break up the love fest I think that we are almost here," interrupted Loki as he pointed toward the wolf's forest.

Aphron sighed, knowing that he was going to have to negotiate will some of the innocent wolves and lead them to safety. This was going to be a challenge.