Hunting Lessons

"Why do I need to know how to hunt," asked Kroyto as he dragged his paws a bit. "I understand fighting but not hunting."

Aphron snorted in amusement and kinked his tail over his back. He opened his mouth and scents wafted in. His mouth water as he detected numerous scents bustling about. "You need to learn about how to be a wolf not just an Asgardian."

"So do we eat what we catch," inquired Kroyto. He felt strange asking about hunting since all the food they needed was provided to them.

Aphron hauled himself forward. "Of course! We can't waste prey," he scolded and Kroyto took a step back, his ears plastered against his head as if he had just been rejected.

Aphron calmed himself down. "I'm sorry. It's just that we can't depend on Asgardians to care for you. You need to learn how to provide for yourself and hunting is a perfect way."

"Well how do you hunt," asked Kroyto as he tilted his head. "If it like fighting?"

Aphron nodded. "Sort of. It's just that instead of fighting you go in for the kill. You can use you invisibility to your advantage. That's also why I was trying to teach you how to use light work on your paws."

"Can I try," asked Kroyto, itching to be alone for a bit without having his father breathing over his shoulder.

"I suppose-" Aphron began and before he could continue Kroyto turned invisible. He shrugged and sat down. "Please help me with patience. Kroyto may be the death of me."