Pulling a Prank

(Thor and Loki are about ten years old now)

In a few weeks both Morali and Aphron had opened their eyes. They hadn't gotten too much bigger but they were playing and wrestling just like Thor and Loki did.

"Come on Aphron," called Loki as he rushed through the halls of the palace of Asgard. He slid on the ground a bit but he composed himself and continued forward. Aphron bolted after him but he was having less luck on keeping himself on his paws. He pushed himself back to his paws and yipped as he hauled himself to his paws. He kept tumbling after Loki.

Loki suddenly skidded to a halt behind a pillar. He stretched out an arm to stop Aphron from falling forward. He shushed Aphron and they both looked on as Odin began to discuss battle techniques with his guards. Loki smiled and stretched out a hand. Aphron's eyes gleamed as he realized that Loki was about to cast an illusion.

Aphron saw a snake slither toward Odin. It was followed by two other larger cobras. They hissed and once they made it to Odin and the guards they lifted up and spread their manes. Their fangs were exposed and Odin spiraled around, ready to attack. The guards turned and drew their daggers.

Odin was first though. He raised an eyebrow and stomped on the closest snake's head. It disappeared and so did the other two. Loki and Aphron snuck back behind the pillar and held their breath.

"Loki!" Odin's voice rung in anger and Loki turned to Aphron.

"We better go," suggested Loki as he turned and darted down the hallway. Aphron spread his wings and flapped them. He flew down the hallway with Loki beside him.

Odin sighed and turned back to his guards who were still a bit uptight. "I'm sorry about that. My son can be a little..."

"It's alright," assured one of the guards. "How do you know it was him though?"

Odin laughed in delight. "Trust me I know my son. He can create illusions just like my wife. However he has to learn how and when to use them."

"What about that wolf friend of his," asked another guard as he crossed his arms. "I think he's a bad influence."

"Bad influence," echoed Odin in shock. "I doubt that very highly. If anything Loki is the bad influence on Aphron."