Never Surrender

Aphron darted through the hallways of the palace of Asgard feeling numb to the bone. He gasped in pain, tears streaming down his pelt. He looked up to the darkening sky, wondering if Kroyum could see him. He was so distraught he had forgotten about Kroytum's death date, the anniversary of her dying.

He turned round and grieving eyes to the sky. "Oh Kroyum, what should I do," he asked but he wasn't expecting a response.

The wind just howled and rushed through his fur, making him cold. He wanted to travel back into the palace but he just couldn't. He knew Kroyto was there, looking to him for answers. Aphron had them but he never wanted to give it to the pup. It had been almost a year since Kroyto had died yet Aphron felt no more at peace than when she had first passed.

He felt himself falling apart, slowly and painfully. He didn't know what to do since he felt so alone. He couldn't speak to anyone for what he was growing through since no one understand since they hadn't been in his position before. He was alone. He was a single father to a pup that wasn't even his. He had never felt so lost.

If he could he would ask his own parents what to do but his mother was his dead and his father wasn't a great example. Plus he was dead as well. He had fallen at Morali's paws. Aphron would have killed him himself but Morali had insisted so he wasn't about to argue.

Now he just wanted to talk to a wolf that understood, a wolf that could guide him. He couldn't even find an Asgardian who wanted to talk to him. He had tried asking about but they didn't like him after the battle with the wolves that had killed many people. Now they thought of him as an enemy, a disease ready to be wiped out.

They didn't care what happened to him and frankly he couldn't blame them and he didn't want to. He knew he was alone. He was mixed with Asgardians when he was truly a Claw Wolf Wolvy mix. However they counted him as a wolf who just needed to keep to himself or there would be bloodshed and that was the last thing that anyone needed.

Once he had tried to compose himself he thought he was alright. However he was wrong. Just when he thought everything was alright he heard a wolf clear his throat behind him.

He turned to see Morali standing behind him. His fur was ruffled and patchy while his eyes seemed clouded in grief. Right now he didn't even want to know what was wrong with his brother but that would just seem rude. "What do you want," asked Aphron gruffly.

"Aphron I need to tell you something," Morali rasped as tears began to show in the corner of his eyes.

Aphron pushed himself to his paws, feeling his bones ache a bit. He had run a long way and wasn't ready to return. "What is it?"

Morali lifted his head until he met Aphron's gaze. "K-Koyto is dead."