Reinforcements from Unexpected Places

Aphron flew down the hallway before he turned into his room, nearly smacking into the nearest wall. Loki followed and pushed into the room. He saw his brother playing a game with Morali who looked to be winning.

"Hey," shouted Loki and the two of them spun around.

"What is it Loki," asked Thor as he moved his pawn an inch close to Morali's pawn.

"I need to talk to you about something Morali," interrupted Aphron as he bounded toward his brother. Morali leaped down from the bed and touched his nose to his brother's shoulder. Morali wasn't shy with showing affection for his brother but Aphron always was.

He drew back and his eyes lit with coldness. Morali sighed and flicked his tail tip, trying not to seem hurt. "What do you need?"

"Have you ever wondered about our er real parents," he asked Morali as his eyes lit with something unreadable.

Morali opened his mouth to argue but Thor beat him to it. "Of course he doesn't!"

Morali spun around, his eyes narrowed to slits. "Actually sometimes I do. I've always wanted to know why they didn't want us."

Thor gasped. "It's not that they didn't want you," he argued as he lowered down beside Morali to stroke him comfortingly.

"So you know why they gave us up," asked Aphron hopefully as his tail began to thump against the ground.

Thor shook his head. "Well no I don't know exactly why but I think I know someone who does," he pointed out as he turned to Loki.

Loki nodded in agreement. "Yeah! Come on!"

"We're going to Odin," announced Thor as he picked up Morali and surged forward. Aphron nodded to Loki and Loki darted after his brother while Aphron took to the sky, flapping his wings. He then laughed as he thought of a clever joke he could play on Thor to make him jump a bit.

Aphron's paw twitched a bit as he made the illusion that there was a wall in front of Thor. He gasped and skidded to a halt. Aphron then dropped the illusion and Thor spiraled around to him with narrowed eyes. "You wolves and your tricks," he muttered before he continued forward.

They bolted down the hallways until they made it to Odin's thrown. "You go first," Loki ordered as he pushed Thor forward harshly.

"What! Why me," Thor argued as he waved his hands.

"Because we all know you are father's favorite," Loki pointed out while Aphron nodded in agreement.

"Come on Morali," sighed Thor as he dragged himself forward. "Let's see what father has to say."