INTRODUCTION

Amber

For ten years I had been held as a prisoner by my own father. His real name is Alan Marshall but he was known as King Cobra, a feared and powerful gang leader. During those years of being held captive, unimaginable pain was inflicted upon me. Every type of pain but by some miracle I survived it. One day my father decided he had gotten bored of me and he sold me to another man. Dominic Petrov. He tortured me as well and then threw me in a cell where I met Emily. She would become my best friend. After a month of being kept in the cell, things took an unexpected turn. Someone attacked Dominic's safe house and saved us in the process. It had been the Italian Mafia. Their leader? Alessandro Santos. The man that I would eventually fall in love with.

I remember the first time I saw him. I could tell he was a powerful man but I would later learn why. I remember being captivated by his eyes and his presence in general. Sadly, Dominic escaped that night. Once they got us out of there they took us to their safe house and he decided to let me work at his house, helping his housekeeper Melinda. At first I felt afraid but he tried to gain my trust and he eventually did. Turns out, Mel didn't really need my help at all. Alessandro just wanted to keep me away from danger. The rules were that when you were rescued, they would either help you get back to your old life, let you leave and let you try to fend for yourself or give you a spot as a drug dealer. I had no life to get back to and I didn't know the first thing about taking care of myself so I decided to stay with them. Making up a fake job was Alessandro's solution. In just the first few days of being with them I started gaining some confidence and learning new things. There are still many things I haven't experienced but I have a lifetime to do it.

Even if I extremely grateful for it, the best part of this all isn't my freedom it's love. I finally have a family that loves me and I have a family to love. I'm not alone. I have Emily, the first friend I have ever had. She really helped me out of my shell. Her loudness and energy are contagious. Even if she can be a little overwhelming sometimes I am grateful to have her. She has helped me and protected me since the first day we met. Then, Nicholas. Alessandro's right hand man, his best friend, his brother. He is an amazing person. At one point he admitted to having feelings for me and I must admit that I was confused as to what I felt myself but I would eventually realize that I love him only as a friend. He is extremely supportive and he does everything to protect me. He once took three bullets for me when Dominic planned an attack at Alessandro's house. He tried to take me but Nicholas defended me and I had a chance to go hide. Both Mel and I called for help and after a few minutes the rest arrived and managed to take Dominic captive. Nico thankfully recovered but just as soon as he had gotten better we were ambushed on the road. We crashed and Nicholas was left unconscious. I was taken again by my father but they found me by the end of the day. They took him and locked him up as their prisoner and things were finally right for once. I knew I had nothing more to worry about.

Besides Nicholas, there is Maddox. He is a kind and gentle man who was sadly left broken after the death of his wife and daughters. He is like the father I never had and I am the daughter that he will have a chance to watch grow up. We fill the voids that had been left inside of each other. And Vincent. He and I made an instant connection. He is one of my best friends as well. He supported me and helped so much. For some reason he trusted me since the beginning. He is a very reserved person and barely speaks to anyone other than Max or Alessandro. Right. Max. He and Vincent grew up together as brothers. They met at the orphanage when they were children and became inseparable since then. Everyone knows Vincent as "Blade" but only Max, Ale and myself know his real name. I care for both of those boys deeply. Speaking of brotherly relationships, Ale has another best friend he considers his brother and that is Marcos. He grew up alongside Nicholas and Alessandro and the three of them have an unbreakable bond. He can be a little more outgoing than the other two but I guess that's part of his charm. There is also someone I consider a brother to me, his name is Axel. He is the last one to form a bond with me but that doesn't make it less. Actually, he to me is like a big brother. We can make fun of each other and bicker but I know he loves me and will do everything to protect me. They all are unique in their own way and have their personal quirks.

Cleo though, she is just generally quirky. I think the best word to describe her is eccentric. She is extremely sweet and equally loud. She is always so bubbly and outgoing. She has the ability to cheer me up with just looking at her enthusiasm. The only other woman in the family is Melinda. She is the housekeeper but we all see her as a mother. She cares for us as we do for her. Apparently, she had worked for Alessandro's father so she knew Ale very well. She had watched him and his brothers grow up together.

Alessandro. The boss. The ruthless and feared Mafia leader. He is feared by all who know his name, except for us. We know who he really is. Even if he does have to do some cruel things, he would never hurt someone who hadn't harmed others. He is a good man that was born into a bad world yet he changed that world. He lost his mother when he was just a boy and his father blamed him for it. He had never loved his son and when decided he found him guilty for the death of his wife, he started to treat Alessandro very cruelly. He would basically torture him. As time passed Alessandro made a choice. With the help of Nicholas and Marcos, he killed his own father. We shouldn't be fooled though. That man was no father, he was a monster that fed off of other's suffering. From that moment on, Alessandro took charge of the Mafia and has been leading them since.

That man, Alessandro,the Mafia boss, the capo. That man is also the man I have fallen in love with. We have only known each other for a few months and although it might sound insane to others, we knew that we want to be together forever. He asked me to marry him and I accepted. Two days after his proposal we got married. It turned out to be a very bittersweet moment. When I was held captive all I did was imagine a life outside of my prison. I always hoped to find love. Every night I would pray to be sent an angel and I was. He was real and he was in my life. I hadn't told him he was my angel until the day of the wedding but he had always called me mio angelo, my angel. He says that I came into his life for the better. He says that he had never felt happiness, but that I had changed that. He says I am the light in his life. We got married. We kissed and everyone cheered because we were now officially bound to one another. It was one of the best moments of my life but it was cut short. I found out that my father, Alan had managed to escape only a few days prior. Now, he had come for his revenge. He wanted me but Nicholas got me out of there safely. Sadly, Alessandro was taken in my place. Now, here I am feeling more broken than ever. I need him. He has to be ok. I'm getting him back. I don't know how but I will. Either we rescue him or I die trying.

Author's note: I tried to make a small recap of the previous book but of course the full details are available in "Saved by the Mafia". I hope you enjoy. <3