CHAPTER 7

Amber

I feel the large shirt on my small frame. I imagine having his arms around me. Today was another long day of training and learning but all I thought about was Ale. What if he was the one explaining the business to me? I tried to imagine him helping me with my training. Right now as I lay on the bed all I can think about is having him next to me telling me how much he loves me and calling me his angel. I close my eyes and try to see his face in my mind. I try to replay his voice in my head. I hate crying, I'm so tired of it but the harder I try to stop it, the more it happens. My heart aches whenever I reach out to the empty side of my bed, every morning I open my eyes hoping to see him next to me, every day that goes by without hearing his voice, every single time I close my eyes and imagine him somewhere beaten and bruised. I want you here. I need you here. It's been a week since he was taken. A week of not knowing anything about him.

I sigh and try to stop my mind, I need to rest because Nicholas is taking me with him to the warehouse. I had no idea but here and back at home we had separate buildings for all the "merchandise". It is the place where they take the shipments they receive and where they package everything accordingly in order to make the deliveries. He's taking me there to understand things a little better. I want to be doing something to help Ale but I can't for now. This is the best way to help him. I'm determined to keep things running smoothly and possibly better for when he returns. I need to take care of the biggest problem, informants in our family working for others. That's what Alessandro had come to take care of and I think that we have been doing a good job. Luca already has a lot of information. He is in the process of gaining their trust. The more insignificant traitors have been dealt with, but there are more. We are working with a strategy and so far, things look promising. I love Nico and he has done so much supporting me but he is Alessandro's right hand man. I think that Luca is becoming mine and even if others tell me to be careful in trusting him, I know that I can. A yawn escapes my mouth as I realize the exhaustion I feel. I close my eyes in hopes of os falling asleep and after a few minutes I do, with my husband on my mind.

______________________________________

"Remember what I told you. Don't talk to anyone it is isn't necessary to talk to. Although they work for us not all of those men are...good. They aren't monsters but they also don't know much about respect. Also, if anything at all happens remember that your safety is our priority. The capo is to be protected at all times. Of course you know how to defend yourself but not as good as I would like. You still have a lot to learn. Besides, the boss is only put in danger when it is absolutely necessary. We need to take good care of him...or her in order to maintain an order. Imagine if our bosses got killed every few months, it would be a disaster." He's rambling. Whenever he gets nervous about my safety he does his best to hold it off or unknowingly starts to speak.

"NICO!" He quickly shuts his mouth and looks down at me.

"You already told me all of this before. Twice. Just relax. There is no reason for anything to go wrong, we are just visiting. I trust you and I know you will protect me, besides we have the other here." I look at the car behind us in which Axel, Maddox, Vince and Max are riding in. Only Maddox and Nicholas have come to this warehouse in Italy. Axel only knows the warehouse back at home and neither Vincent nor Max have gone to any of the two. They are young and I understand that Alessandro is protective of them for some reason but I know they can handle bigger jobs. They want to do more and I will make sure they do. I won't put them in major danger but I know they can't just keep sitting back and watching when they are itching to help. I just hope Ale lets them keep that new freedom. I feel the car come to a stop and Nicholas gets out without saying a word. I can feel his worry. He wants to make sure I am safe and he is also probably thinking about Alessandro's reaction when he finds out the things I've been doing. Ale would have never allowed me to come here or do half of the things I have been doing but when he comes back I will do my best to convince him to let me keep doing these type of things. I realize I had spaced out when my door suddenly opens.