CHAPTER 21

Amber

"Great!" Axel cheers me on.

"You can do even better! Concentrate! Focus on your target!" I breathe in deeply before emptying the rest of the bullets. I look at the targets. I hit all of them almost in the center. It's not perfect but my aim is definitely improving. We all decided that I need a crash course on firing a gun and using weapons in general. I already had a session a couple of hours ago with Vincent and now I'm learning how to properly fire a gun. We don't think there will be too much danger but we need to be prepared.

"Again!" I reload the gun and fire at every target.

"Once more!" I repeat the same sequence. I feel a hand on the top of my head, ruffling my hair.

"You learn fast, kid. I'm proud." I smile at his words.

"Thanks."

"Let's get going. We could train some more but you need to save up your energy." I nod. We put the equipment away and leave the shooting range. After the incident back at home we packed some things and came to stay at the safe house instead. We go to the dining area and join the others that are already there. We all eat in silence. All of us are worried about tomorrow. We know that we can do it but it's still a big deal. Marcos is the most serious. Emily is fine but I get that he must feel bad at seeing her hurt. If Ale saw even the smallest bruise on me he would freak out. We try to make small talk but the tension is in the air. After dinner we all walk to the rooms that were prepared for us. Nicholas and I are sharing a room but we each have our own bed. After saying goodnight to the others we walk in and shut the door. I get my pajamas out of my suitcase and get ready to head to the common bathroom and change.

"Where are you going?" Nicholas stops me.

"To change." He rolls his eyes.

"Amber you can change right here."

"But..."

"You do know I can turn around and close my eyes right?"

"Uh, right sorry." He does turn around and I keep my eyes on him but he stays true to his word.

"Done." He nods and turns around.

"Alright, now it's your turn. I'm watching you so no peeking!" I laugh as I turn around. I wait until he tells me I can look.

"Alright. I'm decent." I turn back around.

"Let's go to sleep princess. We need to rest for tomorrow." I nod. I lay down while Nico turns off the lights. I watch his silhouette walk over to the bed and get under the covers.

"Good night Nico."

"Good night Amber." I close my eyes but I have trouble falling asleep and from what I could Nicholas was having the same issue. How can I sleep knowing that tomorrow I finally get to see my husband? I force myself to concentrate on sleeping and after about an hour of mental struggle I manage to drift off.

I look around only to find myself in an open field. Green grass and beautiful trees swaying lightly with the soft wind that's blowing against my face. It contrasts with the warm that envelops my hand. I look down to the large hand over mine and before I look up I already know who it belong to. I look at my husband and notice he's carrying a picnic basket in his hand. We stop and he sets the basket down. He grabs me by surprise because I thought we were going to sit down but instead he puts his arms around me while picking me up.

"Put me down!" I say in between giggles as Ale spins me around in the air.

"Never!" He yells back and starts assaulting my face with kisses. Those tiny packs turn into a kiss that soon deepens. I feel the sparks all throughout my body. I've only ever felt this way with Alessandro. I look up at him.