CHAPTER 25

Amber

"You've got some fucking nerve coming around here. Do you want to die?" I wake up to Marcos shouting. I hear him cock his gun. What's going on out there? I feel my heartbeat quicken and I jump out of the chair. I feel some pain from sleeping in uncomfortable positions but I ignore it. I practically slam the door open.

"Wha-" I stop myself as I see who he's yelling at. Alicia. Just the sight of her makes my blood boil. She turns to look at me but instead of the usual distaste I can actually see regret on her face. She takes a few steps toward me.

"STOP! Don't move or I'll blow your fucking brains out." Marcos is aiming the gun to her head and she stops walking. Instead she drops down onto her knees and finally speaks.

"I'm sorry." I don't know what to say or do. Seeing her is shocking in itself. I'm not sure what to feel. I'm angry with every right but mostly confused

"I came to accept whatever punishment you decide for me. I only have one thing to ask. I know I deserve nothing and I'm lucky I'm not already dead but please, let me see Alessandro. I only want to say goodbye. I want to apologize to him as well even if I know he would never forgive me. I just need this. Please." She looks at me with begging eyes. I'm at a complete loss. She doesn't deserve to do why do I want to give her the chance to?

"Get up." I speak as coldly as I can. She scrambles on her feet. I reach my hand toward Marcos and signal him to give me the gun.

"Amb-" He tries to protest but I interrupt.

"Now, Marcos." He sighs and I feel the gun in my grasp. I walk up to her while aiming at her. As soon as I get close enough I press the loaded gun onto her forehead. She gulps but manages to maintain eye contact. I watch as a few tears fall from her eyes.

"You insult me, you throw yourself at my husband, you betray us and you still dare to come and ask for forgiveness?" She stays silent but I can see the helplessness in her eyes. She really is ready to die, she's accepted it. I lower the gun and move behind her. I hold it against her back while I grab her shoulder with my free hand. I guide her into the room Alessandro is in and push her forward which causes her to stumble.

"Hurry up." She turns to look at me with total shock on her face before turning back around and walking closer to him. I still have my gun aimed at her and ready to fire if she tried anything. I feel Marcos enter the room and stand behind me. The tension in the air is thick and the silence is deafening.

"Alessandro. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. You just treated me so differently and it hurt. You humiliated me and it was something I never expected from you. I made the mistake of falling in love with you. It doesn't excuse anything but you sending me away for months and then coming back to see you living someone else tore my heart. You disrespected me for her. You know how fucked up I am and I just lost it. I didn't think. It's my fault you're in this position and it's my fault another heart is breaking. You will never forgive me but I still want you to know I regret everything and that I am truly sorry. Thank you for everything. You helped me when I needed it most and I will never again forget it." She adjusts the hair framing his face before kissing her palm and holding it to his lips. She sigh before turning around to face me.

"Thank you. You had no reason to let me do this but you still did. Everyone talks about your kindness but I didn't believe it. I can see why he loves you like he does." Her tears continue to fall freely a they have been for the past few minutes.

"I don't like thinking about when he was being held prisoner but you should know he talked to himself a lot. When he did, you were what he would talk about. Even when he passed out he would mumble your name. He would talk about how much he loves you, he would thank you, say that he missed you, tell you that ha knew you were coming and he also apologized for being selfish and keeping you in this kind of world. You owe me nothing but I beg you to take care of him." She gulps before speaking once more.