CHAPTER 17

Amber

"Gentlemen. It's a pleasure to meet you all." I look at each of them in the eye as I walk slowly past them, one by one. We decided to start with the men responsable for the delivery and once we rounded them up we put them in a row. I watch them all carefully, trying to find anyone who seemed off. In total there are six men who hold responsibility for the delivery. Two of them avoid my gaze but they both seem young so they could very well just be nervous about being in trouble. Another one held my gaze for too long.

"I understand you were all in charge of the delivery that we received last week." They simply look at me.

"I don't mean to question your work but there's been an issue." I continue pacing in front of them.

"You see, we keep our money very and I mean VERY well checked. Every single penny is accounted for. Now, the problem is that some of that money is missing." I make sure to stare at each one as I pass in front of them.

"Now, I am a little more understanding than my husband so I will give you a chance to confess without the use of violence. Who took the money?" I stand in the middle facing them. They remain silent.

"I repeat, WHO TOOK THE MONEY?" They all continue to keep quiet. I hate having to watch this but they leave me no choice.

"Very well. I gave you an opportunity that you so foolishly let go. I wanted to do this the easy way but now we have to do it the hard way." I step back and wait for Marcos, Axel, Maddox and Nico to step forward.

"As she said, she gave you an excellent offer but it seems you've forgotten the consequences. If you don't give us answers, we make sure to get them out of you." Nicholas speaks in a deadly tone. I know that this is the Nico that almost everyone knows but to me it still seems so foreign. I'm so used to sweet, kind and funny Nicholas not cold, tough and killer Nicholas. I watch him as he goes up to the most serious one but speaks to all of them while taking out his gun.

"Final chance. Who. Took. The. FUCKING MONEY?" I watch his face go red. Silence. I watch as he empties his gun and puts in a single bullet. He spins the cylinder. They explained this to me. Russian Roulette. Apparently very effective and one of Ale's favorite methods. I watch as he goes to the first man.

"Eenie." He taunts and then shoots at his leg. No bullet. I let out a shaky breath. I think I'm more nervous than them.

"Meenie." He walks up to the second man and fires again. No bullet. I can hear my heart pounding.

"Miney." He reaches the one that seems most nervous. He's about to fire but he's interrupted.

"Stop! Please! I swear I don't know anything!" He's practically crying as he begs for Nicholas to not shoot him. I feel my cold exterior faltering but Nico seems unmoved by the man's pleas.

"If it's true that he knows nothing, he will pay the price for the actions of the person who stole the money or has knowledge of who did it." Silence again.

"Very well." He aims the gun while the young man simply shuts his eyes while whimpering.

"Wait! It was me! It was me." I watch one of the men who starts crying.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He drops to his knees and looks up at Nicholas who already has a gun aimed at his head. He closes his eyes. I walk toward the man and stand in front of him while holding up a hand to Nico. He puts his gun down and the man opens his eyes when he feels the barrel part from his temple.