Chapter 4: The New Look

Heidi's POV

I sighed, "I know Iam late Dizzy, but King Ben had me showing around a new student, and I guesstime just got away from me." I admitted to her. Dizzy's face went from a littlemad at a smile that stretched ear to ear, "It's okay, you are my last customertoday anyways." Dizzy took my hand and leads me to one of the many emptychairs, I sit down as Dizzy circles me. "So, what do you want done today?" Ilook into the mirror, "I want something that says I am from isle, but also saysthat I live in Auradon." Dizzy claps her hands, "I have just the prefect ideain mind." She squeals and leans my head back and starts running water throughIt, "So, did you get an invite to the masquerade dance?" I could hear howexcited Dizzy was, "Yeah, but I don't think I will be going." Dizzy turns offthe water and starts shampooing my hair, "Why not? I think it will be fun." Dizzystepped away from me as she went over to her dye collection and started pickingout different colors. "Maybe for you, but for me, not so much." She walks backover to me and sets the dye down on the counter, "Well I am looking forward toit, I will be my first party here in Auradon, matter of fact this will be myfirst party ever." Dizzy shut off the water and lifted my head out of the sink."You really have never been to a party before?" Dizzy just shook her head,"Back in the Isle, I was too young to do anything like that, I spent most of mytime at curl up & dye as you know." She picked up a brush and started brushingmy hair out. "Well, I was never invited to parties either." Dizzy looks at mewith shock on her face, "Really? You?" I nod my head, "I was never the partykind of girl I guess." Dizzy put on a pair of rubber gloves, "Is there a reasonwhy you don't want to go?" Dizzy asked as she started mixing the hair dye, "Ijust would not rather go to a party that I know I will end of alone at with nodate." I hear her let out a giggle, "What are giggling about?" I ask with asmile on my face, "You wouldn't be alone, you would have Harry with you." Justlike Ally said when she gave me the invitation. "Dizzy, Harry would eat at theslop shop for the rest of his life before he went to a dance." Dizzy sighed asshe applied the dye to hair, "Speaking of the leather wearing butthole, how arethe two of you doing?" I let out a huff, "We are doing fine, Harry has hisslips up every now and again, but so do, we are trying to be better." Dizzytakes my hand and puts me under a hair dryer. "Are you two official?" I heardDizzy ask before she starts the dryer. "Official?" Dizzy nods her head, "Yeah,official, you know, boyfriend and girlfriend." If there was one thing I hatedtalking about it was this, "No, Harry and I are just taking things at our ownpace." Dizzy looked up from the magazine she was reading, "Do you want him toask you?" I wasn't sure how to answer her, "Well, yeah, of course I would lovefor Harry to do that, but I know Harry, and he isn't like normal guys." BothDizzy and I laughed at that comment, "So, what I am hearing is, that you wantsomething more out of the relationship, and Harry seems fine with the waythings are?" She stood up and shut the dryer off. "I am perfectly happy withthe way things are, but I guess a little part of me does what something more."I admitted for the first time. Dizzy took my hand and lead me back to my chair."Have you talked to him about this?" She put my head back into the sink andstarts the water, "I have once or twice, but as soon as I mention it, Harrygets bent of shape and losses it." The warm water hits my head as Dizzy startsrinsing my hair out. "Do you want my advice?" Dizzy asked shampooing and conditionshair. "Yeah, I would love to have your input." Dizzy finished rinsing out theshampoo and condition. "Harry might never be ready to make that kind ofcommitment." This made me frown, "It has nothing to do with you, it has to dealwith that we are taught that the evil never wins over good." Dizzy shuts offwater and puts me back under the hair dryer again. "He isn't a bad guy, notaround me." I smile a little just by the thought of him. "If you think aboutit, no one really dated back on the isle, and even though you would lovenothing more than him to call you his girlfriend, and deep down I believe thathe would love nothing more than to call you that as well." She starts paintingher nails, "I think that Harry is scared." I looked at her in completedisbelief, "Are we talking about the same Harry Hook? Why would be scared?"Dizzy stopped painting and let my nails dry, "Most likely he is scared ofmessing up whatever you two have going on now, he likes a lot, anyone can seethat, but maybe deep in his mind he just doesn't want to ruin ourrelationship." As she shuts off the hair dryer, I think about what she said,"All I know is that he doesn't need to rush into anything, I love him too muchto lose him, yes, I would love to be his girlfriend, but even if that daydoesn't come, at least I know that I will always have him around." Dizzy awedat my little speech as she checked to make sure my nails were dry. "All done."Dizzy spins me around in the chair to show me the final product. 

"Dizzy, like always, you are the best." I step out the chair and hug her, "Well only the best for one of my favorite customers." I hand Dizzy the money I owe her for my makeover. "You have double what I charged you." Dizzy looked at me confused, "Consider it a tip for helping me out with Harry." I give her one more smile and walk out of the shop. Just as I make it out of the shop I hear my name being called again. Jane walks up to me and smiles a huge smile, "Oh my fairy, Heidi, you look beautiful, not that you were never beautiful to start with...." I laughed as Jane started rambling on, "Thank you for the compliment." I notice that she is wearing Carlo's R.O.A.R hoodie, "Guessing from your hoodie, you are headed to watch Carlos practice?" Jane looks down at the ground and smiles, "Yeah, his practice starts in like 3 minutes', so I have to hurry." Just as Jane is about to walk away I grab a hold of her hand, "Mind if I walk with you? I can go watch practice too." Jane smiles and takes my arm as the both of head off to the fencing arena.