Chapter 19: Paul And The Plan

Heidi's POV

Why do all the guys in Auradon perp have to be so good looking, Paul's body looks like it was carved from stone. "Hi Paul." Paul holds out his hand to me, I hesitate for a moment, contemplating on my next move. I let out a sigh and place my hand in his, Paul pulls me up and I end up slamming into his chest, "Care to explain why a beautiful girl like you is crying in the woods?" I pull myself off his chest and take a step back from him, "It's nothing, just personal issues." I wipe a tear from my eye, "I am going out on a limb, and say that this has to with a certain pirate that we both know." I don't answer him, I just nod my head. "What did he do this time?" Paul plops to ground and crosses his legs, "You are so much like you father, it scary sometimes." Paul let's out a hardy laugh, "People say that more than you think." Paul pats a spot across from him, I sit down across from him, "So tell me, what happened?" I wasn't sure if Paul is best person to talk to about Harry, "Paul, I am positive that Harry would never forgive me if I talk about him to you." Paul just rocks back a fourth looking like he didn't have a care in the world, "Whatever you tell me, I will not repeat to anyone." Paul held out his pinky, "It's not you I am worried about." I look around to see if I can see anyone, "You know that Yzla has spies all over campus." Paul stops rocking, "Well if you are worried about that, then maybe you should talk to the girls that you hang out." I give Paul a bizarre look, "That is where I was heading before I ran into you." Paul nods his head, "Well if you are headed there, then why did you stop and sit down with me?" I am stumped by the question, it is a great question, "I am not sure." Paul doesn't answer, he just sits across from with his elbows on his knees, "Heidi!" I turn to see who is calling my name, A guy wearing a grey shirt, a copper watch on his left wrist, brown dress pants, a pair of copper dress shoes with white laces, a dark brown cross body bag, and a brown jacket. "Cory?" Cory is the son Cogsworth, "King Benjamin is looking for you, he sent Laurel and Christyn to find the others." Why is it that every time I need to be alone, there is someone who is looking for me? "Lead the way." Cory and I start walking the away from campus, "Cory, campus is that way." I point to the school, "I am very well aware of that, King Benjamin has requested that we meet him somewhere else." I was not sure where were going or why Ben wants to meet in the woods, but he is King. We arrive to this old looking tree, but upon further looking I notice that this a tree at all, it has an old fancy door in the trunk, and 18 different window, each one with its own personal design. "Cory, what is this?" Cory pulls out a key, "This is where all the kingdom council meeting are held, King Benjamin thought this would be a great place to talk, without having unwanted ears listing in." Cory's eyes shifted upwards, I follow his gaze and see a girl crouching on a tree branch not far from us. Cory opens the double door and I walk in, the inside was amazing, it was much bigger on the inside then it looks on the outside, in front there is a throne surrounded by a stand, and the design on the thrones matched the design on the window outside. "These place is impressive." I say looking around, "You think that now, but if you are ever here when all 18 representatives are all talking at once, you will think the opposite, believe me." Cory shuts the double doors, "I am glad that you made it." I look over and at the stand I notice Ben walking out of a room, "This is a neat little hide out." Ben walks over to Cory and I, "Cory you can head into my council office." Cory bows to Ben, "As you wish, King Benjamin." Cory walks over the throne and opens a door behind it. "Where is going?" I ask in disbelief, "Cory is with the others, you see behind each throne is a special room, this way, each representative have their own personal space to talk to their people back at home, or think about that their decision will be." I always find it interesting when Ben speaks royal, for some reason it holds my interest, I hear the doors open again, in walks a girl with golden brown hair, her white dress top fits her perfectly, her purple jeans have no wrinkles, her golden colored belt has a tea cup design on it, beautiful blue heart shaped earing in her ears, and a pair of rainbow flats on her feet. "Christyn." Ben bows a little to the girl, the girl stops and curtsies to Ben, "Heidi this is Christyn, the daughter of Chip." I bow back to the girl, "Christyn this Heidi, the daughter of Hades." Christyn simples nods her head, behind her I notice Harry, Gil, and Diego, "Gentlemen, thank you for coming, Christyn will show you into my office." I don't look at Harry, I can't, not right now. Right as Christyn and the others enter the room, the double doors open again, I hear the sound of heels clicking on her floor, a girl with platinum blond hair that is perfectly in place, she has on a sparkling gold dress, and a pair of gold high heels, "Laurel, take them to my office, we haven't got time to waste." The girl named Laurel just nods her head and walks past us leading Dizzy, CJ, Yzla, and Jade into the office. "So much for a secret place." Ben let's out a laugh, "Don't worry, this tree never stays in the same place twice." I was going to ask what he meant by that, but I didn't. Ben escorts me into the office and closes the door, "Okay, first off I would like to say that Miss. Potts, Cogsworth, and Lumiere are busy with my parents, so they won't be here for a while, secondly, I would like to formally introduce you Christyn the daughter of Chip, Cory the son of Cogsworth, and Laurel the Daughter of Lumiere, these three will be taking on their parent's jobs. Thirdly, as you all are aware we have guests coming tomorrow and we need to keep an eye on them while they are here." We all nod our heads, "I know I am asking a lot of you all, but I would like all of you to try and make friends with Quinn and her friends, Heidi you of course can keep an eye on your brother." I can't believe I have to babysit my older brother, "The rest of you, make them feel welcome." Ben turns his sight on Yzla, "Yzla, I need your friends to do their job, I want to know everything they do." Yzla waves her hand, "Easy, my friends will be stuck them like glue." Ben has a worry look on his face, "If any of you see or hear anything bad, I want you to report it to me right away, I am all for peace, but I will not let a group of people come to my kingdom and destroy it." All of stay quiet, "Does anyone have any questions?" Mal raises her hand, "Yes Mal?" Mal took a deep breath, "What do we do if they declare war on us and attack someone?" I have to give it to Mal, she was trying everything to get Ben to change his mind and I mean EVERYTHING, "We will discuss that if it happens, and only if it happens." Mal rolls her eyes not happy with Ben's answer, "Again I know I am asking a lot, but I am grateful that you all are here to help me." All of us bow our heads in respect for him, "Now, you can go back to your daily life, I have to get ready for a kingdom council meeting." We all exit the tree, I am dreading what horrors await me tomorrow.