Chapter 21: Catching Up

Heidi's POV

I sit on one of the benches in the garden as Hadie sits down next to me, "It's good to see you big brother." I give him a small smile, Hadie just looks at me, "So, how are you?" He asks showing no emotion in his face, "I am doing good, I am passing all my classes with straight A's, and I have made a lot of new friends." Hadie rolls his eyes, "Sounds like you have the prefect fairytale life going for you." I can tell by the tone in his voice that he not impressed, "Hadie, it isn't like that, I am trying my best to make the best of it here." That was a little lie, "You are loving to here Heidi, just admit it." He snaps at me, "Okay, I love it here, and I don't see anything wrong that, I took my opportunity to have a better life." Hadie faces turns into a scowl, "You left me, you didn't say goodbye, I woke up one morning and you were gone, I thought something horrible happened to you, but come to hear that you betrayed Uma and stayed here in Barf-adon." I could look at him, I always regretted leaving Hadie behind, "I am sorry for not telling you, but we both know that if I told you that I was leaving, you would either tried to talk me out of going or forced yourself to come along, and I couldn't ask you to do that." Hadie eyes softened a little but just a little, "I would have understood, I get wanting to get off the Isle and get away from father, but you hurt me by not trusting me." I place my hand on his cheek, "I can't even tell you just how much I have missed you, or just how much I worried about you." Hadie pushes my hand away, "You seem happy." Hadie says playing with the grass, "I am Hadie, I can't begin to explain just how happy I am, I have a whole new life here." I am sure that I sounded happier then I meant to be, "I guess I can be a happy that my little sister is so happy." I fling myself into his arms and wraps my arms around his neck giving him a big hug. Hadie lets out a little laugh before he wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me back. "I have missed you like you wouldn't believe, I might have friends, but nothing compares to having my big brother around, and none of them knows me like you do." I wipe a tear away from eyes as I look up at him, "I have a couple of things to tell you." Hadie just looks at me, "I discovered that I have a special ability." Hadie looks at me with a worried and confused look. I take a deep breath and close and focus on my hand, suddenly blue fire forms in my hand, I look at Hadie who looks astonished, "How did you do that?" he asks with a smile, I extinguish the flame in my hand, "It's a gift, I discovered it when I was here with Uma, I am taking a class to learn to control it, but I am still having a hard time with it." Hadie looks down at his own hands, "If you can do it, is it possible for me to do it?" I took one of his hands in mine, "Maybe, or you could have a totally different ability to mine." Hadie nods his head, "So what else do you want to tell me." I took another deep breath, "I have a boyfriend." Hadie's eyes locked on to me, "Boyfriend?" I nod my head, "Yeah, we have been going out for a couple months now." Hadie took a step back, "A couple of months?" He sounds angrier then shocked, "Who is he, how did the two of you meet, do I know him?" I place my hand over his mouth to stop is rambling, "I will tell you all that, but before I do, you have to tell me something." Hadie pushes my hand off his mouth, "Why are the five of you really here?" I can feel Hadie stiffen, "We are here to help the Isle." I could tell that he was nervous. "Are you sure that is the only reason?" I know that deep down Hadie would never lie to me, but if you grow up on the Isle, lying is almost like a native tongue, "Yeah, Quinn is here to negotiate terms to have better things in Auradon." All I could do is believe that is the truth, "So, now I told you why we are here, spill it, who is this poor sucker that I am going to beat into the ground." Just as I am about to tell him, "Heidi!" I turn to see Harry making his way over to us. Harry walks up to the two of us, "What up Hook? Long time no see." Harry just nods his head, "I was wondering if I could talk to Heidi for a moment." Hadie looks between Harry and I, "You have to be kidding me." I smile and shake my head and stand up, "You two?" I starts laugh, "Yes Hadie, Harry and I are dating." Hadie stand up and steps to Harry, "You better treat my baby sister right, or else not even Tartarus can save you." My brother says darkly, but Harry just doesn't seem phased by the comment, "I swear that I treat you sister like the princess she is." Hadie looks him in his eyes, "Good answer." Harry turns his attention to me, "Can we talk." Harry looks at my brother who has his arms proactive around me, "Alone." I nod my head and unwrap myself from Hadie's arms. "I will talk to you later." I kiss Hadie on his cheek and Harry and I walk off.