Chapter 28: Flames, Advise, And Seeing Red

Heidi's POV

"You like Ella?" I ask with too much surprise in voice that I meant, "I am starting to regret asking you." I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips, "I have never known my brother to have trouble with the ladies." Hadie slams his fists down on the wooden table causing the table to crack, "THIS IS NOT A JOKE!" He roars. I swear I could his blue hair start flaming, "Hadie, I think your powers have been awoken." Hadie doesn't say a word, I point to his hair. Hadie runs his fingers through his now flaming blue hair, "It's feels weird." Hadie says with a goofy grin on his face, I nod my head to his hair and he nods back lowering his head so I can run my fingers through it, it feels like a scorching inferno, but for some reason it doesn't burn me, matter of fact, it makes me feel like I am back at home, his hair is a beautiful sea of flames the way the blue embers flicker in his hair like little stars was like nothing I have ever seen before. I pull my hand out of his hair and smile at him, "Your hair is much more impressive then dads." I comment. I could tell he was starting to calm down, due to the flames starting to go down until the disappeared altogether. "I wonder what else I can do?" I shrug my shoulders, "Skies the limit, dad had many powers." I could see excitement on my brothers face, "It's nice to see you excited about something, but just remember, your powers are connected to your emotions." I warned him. "I get it Sis." He is to engross in his new power and wanting to see just how far his powers could extended, and that has me worried. "Well I should get going." Before I can walk away my brother grabs my hand, "Not so fast little sister." I turn and face him, "You never helped me out with my Ella situation." I was hoping that he would forget that, but the more I thought about it, the more the wise words of what Ally said about me making friends came to mind, sure it wasn't the same type of problem but the advice should apply to this problem just the same. "I can only give you piece of advice." Hadie looks at me with eagerness, "Okay, first off, Ella is not a girl from the Isle, or one of shallow girls here, she won't be impressed by your muscles, or your brute force." Hadie sighs, "That's all I know how to do?" Sad truth is he is speaking the truth. My brother has had only 3 girlfriends in his whole 20 years, "So try the opposite approach." Hadie cocks his head to the side, "meaning what?" I mentally slap myself, "Instead of being a brute, trying to be charming." I spell it out for him, "Are you sure, I mean charming is something I can be, but I think it has a whole different definition here then on the Isle." Hadie's face turns into an unsure sour look, the moment I look into his eyes and see his facial expression, I hear Ally's words from last night, she is right, like always, "Forget what I just said, it is terrible advice." Hadie looks total confused and I can't say that I blame him, I was starting to get confused myself, "The best advice I can give you is to just be yourself, if she doesn't like you for you, then she isn't worth it." Hadie just looks at me with a blank expression on his face, "That's the best you can do? I need real advice." Hadie says as he stands up, "Look, that pearl of wisdom came from one of the most level headed people I know." I hug him tightly, "And who might that be?" Hadie hugs me back, "One of my best friends, her name is Ally, and she is the most wises of all of us young adults." I wasn't sure what I was going to say if he asks me for something different, but I knew deep down that it would, "Well I guess I can give it a shot." Hadie grumbled playfully, "If that doesn't work, then when you become the King of the Underworld I will be your servant for entirety." Hadie places his chin on the top of my head, "I will hold you to it." I pull out of the hug and look up to my brother, "You know sis I have to say, you have gotten a lot more enlightened since you started coming here." I step away from him, "Are you saying that I was dumb?" Hadie starts laughing, "No, all I am saying is that you actually get to show just how smart and witty you are, without having to fear father's repercussions." I kiss his cheek, "I hope you can do the same while you are here." My brother let out a sad sigh, "Heidi, dad is never going to change and he has all his dreams and hopes wrapped up into me, I can't let him down." I take my brothers hand in mine, "Dad can't reach you here, you can do what you want, date who you want, and be who you want here, that is Ben's message that he tries to get across to the villain kids, most of them are so wrapped up in their parents that they miss the message he tries to spread." Suddenly I notice my brothers eyes go a little wider then they normally are, I turn my head following his gaze, I see something that I would never be prepared for in a million years, something that made me see nothing but red, in the maze garden is Chelsea, she has her whip wrapped around the throat of a very frightened Pin, he is a close friend and also the son of Pinocchio, while Harry is smiling his sadistic smile, and running his hook along his chin "I will be back." I say and start making my way over there, "You need back up?" Hadie asks, I turn my head to face him, "No, this is something I need to handle on my own." Hadie nods his head. I walk over to the three of them, "Okay, that's enough, let him go." I stand in front of Chelsea as her and I lock eyes staring each other down.