Chapter 23: A Wicked Encounter

Heidi's POV

I awoke the next morning feeling just as awful as I did when I went to bed last night. Harry's word echoing in my mind, I pull myself out of bed, the bathroom door opens, Ella steps out wearing a beautiful blue shirt, light brown jeans, and a pair of light brown flats. "You look stunning Ella." Ella smiles a little smile as her cheeks go red, "Thanks Heidi." I go into the bathroom and get dressed myself, as I look in the mirror I can't help but notice that I am still wearing the ring and necklace that Harry gave me, "Guess I don't need to wear these anymore." I unclasp the necklace and slip it off my neck, and slip the ring off my finger, this must be one of the hardest thing I have ever had to do. With all the strength I can muster I walk out of the bathroom and bury the ring and necklace inside my jewelry box. "Heidi, is everything okay?" I hear Ella ask from the other side of the room. I wipe away a tear that falls from my eye before I turn to her, "Yeah, I'm fine." I can tell Ella doesn't believe me, but she is a nice person and doesn't push the subject, "We should get going, I have remedial goodness, and you have language of the stars." I grab my purse and cell phone and walk out with Ella next to me. Ella and I make our way out of the dorms and onto the campus, "So, I noticed that Harry wasn't around this morning." Ella stated, I just look up at the blue sky, "Yeah, him and me are just taking a little bit of a break." That was harder to say then I thought it would be. "Heidi, I am so sorry, I can't even imagine what you are going through." Ella stops in front of me and gives me a big hug, "Thanks Ella, I need this right now." I hug her back, but keep my emotions to myself. Ella and I pull out of the hug, "Maybe you should take a sick day." I shake my head, "No, I have to face him sooner or later, and I would rather just get done and over with." It was true, although it will be hard to see Harry, I won't let him stop me from living my life, "But Heidi, you have like 4 classes with him." That is was I am most dreading, 3 full classes and lunch. "Ella that doesn't matter, after what Harry said to me, I can't just hide in my room forever." I must be around, just in case Harry does what he threatened he would do, and knowing Harry like I do, He isn't one to make empty threats. 'What did he say to you." Ella sounds a little scared, "It's not important right now." I try to ease Ella's mind, so she wouldn't worry all through the day. "If you think it is for the best, then I am with you all the way." I couldn't be happier that I have friends like Ella that are there for me in my time of need, "Thanks Ella, you really are a great friend." Ella smiles, "Well, I never had any friends growing up, my parents would keep me in the castle, But I had fun with my parents, they would always spend time with me especially my dad." Ella explains as we start walking again. As we are walking Ella suddenly bumps into someone, "Watch it!" I hear a female voice say, I turn to see who it is and of course it's Winter, "Sorry, it was an accident, I didn't see you there." Ella says in a low tone, I place myself between Ella and Winter, just in case Winter got any ideas. "You didn't see the daughter of the most powerful witch in the history of OZ!" I could help the scoff that escapes my mouth, "Winter, your mother was defeated by a bucket of water." I snap at her, I am already in a mood and now Winter is adding to it, "Shut your mouth Heidi, your dad is a god and he was beaten by a demi god." I bit my lip as hard as I could without drawing blood, "Well Winter, it has been nice talking to you, but we need to get to class." Before Ella and I could walk away Winter steps in our path, "Aren't you forgetting something?" She asks turning her dark and evil gaze at Ella, "Like what?" I ask not sure what she is getting at, "An apologize." Winter places her hands on her hips, I let out a laugh, "Excuse me? An apologize? For what?" Winter rolls her eyes, "Running into me, wouldn't that be the kind thing to do, I mean they do teach you that stuff here, don't they?" Winter says in the most mocking tone, "It was an accident I didn't do it on purpose." Ella tries to stand up for herself, "Still, I think the right thing to do is to apologize." Right as Ella is about to say something we all hear another voice, "Winter don't you have other people you can go bother or orders you can be taking from Quinn?" I let out a sigh of relief as my brother walks up to the three of us, "Maybe I do. Maybe I don't." Winter crosses her arms over her chest, "Why don't you go somewhere and ruin someone else day, before I deal with you myself." Hadie says with a dark threatening tone, "This is far from over." Winter says as she pushes past us and walks off, "Don't sweat her." Hadie waves off Winter, "Don't worry big brother I'm not." I suddenly remember that my brother and I are not alone. "Ella this is my big brother Hadie, Hadie this is one of my best friends and roommate Ella." As soon as my brother and Ella look at each other, my brother gets this weird look on his face, a look that I have never seen before.