Chapter 31: Story Never Die?

Hadie's POV

Chelsea and I have been given the task of collecting the pocket watch from the museum, so here the two of us are at the front entrance. We sneak a peek inside to see a security guard sitting in a chair, "Did Quinn happen to tell you who we are supposed to get past the guard without getting noticed?" Chelsea smiles a smile like her fathers, "That is where me and my newly discovered ability comes into play." I look at her bewildered, "You discovered your ability too?" Chelsea nods her head, "Yeah, me and Winter both discovered ours." I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, I was special anymore. Chelsea closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, suddenly her whole body disappears, I look around to see where she had gone, "Chelsea?" I whisper, I suddenly feel something grab the back of my pants, "WOW!" I jump. Chelsea appears again laughing, "So much fun." She says through her laughs, "How did you do that?" Chelsea just smiles, "Don't worry about it, now I am going to get the guard to leave his post, so you will only have a few seconds to get in." I nod my head and Chelsea vanishes once again. The front door opens and closes. I peek inside the window to see the guard still in his chair, I wait till I get a signal or something. Out the blue I hear what sounds like a loud bang, I look thought the window to see the man stand up and walk off. "Guess that is my cue." I open the door and sneak inside and make my way up the long staircase. Once I feel that I am far enough I stop and catch my breath, "At you can follow directions." Chelsea says appearing in front of me again, "So what is phase two of the plan?" I can see Chelsea looking up at some kind of sign, "We are only at the first wing, we need to make our way to the second wing, that is where the pocket watch is." I nod my head as the two of run up another flight of stairs. Just as we are about to enter the wing Chelsea stops me, "What's wrong? Is this the right place?" Chelsea let's out a frustrated sigh, "Yes this is the right place, but there is someone in there." I step around her and look inside to see a girl that I would know anywhere, "What is Ella doing here?" I ask confused, "I don't know, but she is in the way." I grip Chelsea's hand tightly, "You harm a single hair on her hand and I will end you." I threaten, "I will get rid of her." Chelsea rips her hand away from me and disappears. Right as I walk into the room I notice Ella walk over to a glass case that has a glass shoe inside.

Ella: How does a moment last forever? How can a story never die? {She runs her hands over the glass case.} It is love we must hold onto Never easy, but we try. {She makes her way to a some kind of vile filled with yellow dust.} Sometimes our happiness is captured Somehow, our time and place stand still Love lives on inside our hearts and always will. {Ella gracefully dances out of the room and into the hallway.} Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone but when all else has been forgotten Still our song lives on. {I follow carefully behind her as she enters another wing.} Maybe some moments weren't so perfect. {Ella stops at a golden looking orb.} Maybe some memories not so sweet but we have to know some bad times. {I can't help but smile at the sound of her voice.} Or our lives are incomplete. {It's like listing to an angle sing.} Then when the shadows overtake us. {She looks up a pitchfork looking relic.} Just when we feel all hope is gone. {She runs her fingers along the long handle of the pitchfork.} We'll hear our song and know once more Our love lives on. {She once again leaves the room and goes back into the hallway.} How does a moment last forever? How does our happiness endure? {I follow her into yet another part of the museum.} Through the darkest of our troubles. {She dances over to a case that contains some kind looking rose.} Love is beauty, love is pure. {Ella smiles brightly as she looks down at the rose in the case.} Love pays no mind to desolation. {She runs her hand over an old and shaggy looking carpet.} It flows like a river through the soul. {Ella looks intently at the weirdest looking compass I have ever seen.} Protects, persists, and perseveres. {Ella slides under a huge bell.} And makes us whole. {Ella ducks under the bell and walks back into the hallway.} Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone. {I see Ella make her way downstairs to the main entrance of the museum.} but when all else has been forgotten. {I look over the balcony at her as she keeps dancing.} Still our song lives on. {Ella looks around at the museum.} How does a moment last forever? {I quickly hide behind one of the pillars.} When our song lives on. {I wait to move until I hear the door of the museum close.}

Once I am sure thatElla has left I step out from behind the pillar, her angelic voice stillringing in my ears, I am pulled out of trance by Chelsea appearing in front ofme, "I got it." Chelsea swings a golden pocket watch with an odd-looking clockdesign on the front of it,

" Chelsea swings a golden pocket watch with an odd-looking clockdesign on the front of it,

"That is what all the trouble is for? A rusty, and useless pocket watch." Chelsea places the pocket watch in her purse, "That rusty, and useless pocket watch will get us back to Wonderland." I scratched the back of my head. "Chelsea, if all of this was about getting to Wonderland, then why didn't we just come to Auradon, and then leave in the middle of night?" Chelsea thought for a moment and I could see the realization come across her face, "Good point Hadie, I am not sure why we didn't do that in the first place." I think Quinn is up to something more than just wanting to get back to Wonderland, "We should leave before the guard discovers us." Chelsea vanishes again leaving me to think for myself, I push over a suit of armor, I see the guard jump and look up. I can hear the sound of his foot falls coming up the stairs, as I look over at the door I notice that Chelsea is already outside, I nod my head to her and right as the guard is checking out the suit of armor, I jump down from the balcony and land perfectly on my feet, and as quickly as I can I run out the open door and land hard on the sidewalk, "Nice landing there." Chelsea mocks me, I get up letting out a painful groan, "Well I am sorry that I didn't inherit an invisibility power." Chelsea kisses my cheek and starts to walk off, I wipe the kiss off my cheek, I have no idea where her mouth has been, I sigh thinking about how I am letting my little sister down, but I have to what I have to just to make sure that father is proud of me. I shake my head and bury the thoughts and start running to catch up with Chelsea.