Irreplaceable Soul (I)

PART ONE (Fight or Flight)

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! The bed squeaks alongside the bright red mahogany dresser that pushes repeatedly against the wall, scratching the dried paint with each thrust of body. My body touching his body, skin embracing skin, moan after moan. Mad love fills the entire room tonight. I continue to have myself lay all over him, hugging him tight with my body while I face the wall, not giving a damn about anything but the time I spend with him. The feeling is passionate and a long overdue pleasure. Petals scattered everywhere alongside a few candles lit all around give the small room a boost in romantic feel. We have been dating for a few years now but it feels as if we fell in love just yesterday. Today not only marks our yearly anniversary, but today happens to coincide with the two hundredth anniversary of the West American Republic, leaving this pleasure filled night tonight as the opportune moment to take advantage of. David and I usually take the rare occasions that occur such as today as a break from our miserable lives. We typically try to share an entire night like tonight whenever we can in The Cabin.

The Cabin, to clarify, is not a cabin but in fact, a huge abandoned mansion that was remodeled a few years back in order to accommodate males like us who enjoy having intercourse for special occasions such as this night. Nearly all the men from our area who are in intimate relationships would engage in loving intercourse and then some. The Cabin happens to luckily exist right behind the Colorado riverbed, overlooking its right side while The Cabin's left side borders the forest right at the back leftmost corner of town, perfect for hidden getaways like the one we have partaken today. Surrounded by dense forestry beside the wide riverbed, the Cabin exists in a region that makes up part of the micro zone isolated from the entire town with only a handful, including myself, knowledgeable in its sole exit/entry way that would lead one secretly from The Cabin to midtown, via the underground/above ground tunnel.

The Cabin to add, is in fact, one of the few broken structures that actually has remained intact since the end of the Great Division. The Great Division was a series of wars that pitted woman, man, and nations against each other, having ended over one hundred years ago, resulting in the destruction of the majority of the Earth's human population: five billion gone by the war's end.

Looking outside through the closed window ahead for about a second, I manage to catch a glimpse of the clear night sky before shifting my attention back to David, my lover. I look at David in a deep gaze and smile at him. David smiles back before making a pleasurable face, causing me to kiss him in response. Suddenly, a thought comes to my mind: David and I had both reached two great milestones today: not only are we alive and living happily together within the confines of the town, existing in the same republic that had withstood the negative lasting impact of the Great Division, but we are strong together, having managed to withstand a year's worth of pain, now healed again in each other's arms on this special night. We find no reason to feel downtrodden or even remorseful today. Nothing but pride and excitement fills David and I, helping the effort to reach our climax all the more enjoyable between us.

"Harder Cae, harder!" he begs me.

I keep kissing his neck as he moans for me to go even further inside. I stop midway to look at him as I hear him fill with pleasure from me. He and I are connected as one and nothing could ruin this wonderful night.

"I-"

"I love you too-" we both say in accidental unison, staring deeply at each other's eyes before almost laughing at our sudden mishaps.

Enjoying ourselves for a bit longer in the form of thrusting and kissing, a large thud noise creeps in from the outside, making its sudden way to our ears in full force, interrupting our time of pleasure and erupting loudly among the sudden array of growing outside noises, prompting David to ask me if I am aware of what is going on outside.