They Follow Only Apollo (V)

As I walk through the hallway, a sound pops out of thin air, instantly bringing alarm to my ears and to my other senses.

"Hello?" I question after turning around, looking attentively around the back of the hall from whence I came, making sure that I am not being followed.

Seconds pass with nothing appearing within the back section of the dark, red tinted, gray hall. Concluding nothing deviating too far from the typical unusualness of the hall, I turn back around and continue walking towards the hall's end.

"Circle," blurts out an unseen peculiar voice, just as I begin walking forward.

The voice sounds a lot like the voice of a prepubescent female, which adds nothing but uncertainty in what I am experiencing. I turn briskly around in response to the presumed female voice's call. Nothing is behind me, nothing as far as my eyes can see. An instant chill runs immediately down my spine in response, following the giggle of the same voice and tone, to which has encircled my surroundings, forcing my guard up, with my body feeling wary.

"Circle," the voice blurts out again, startling me in an almost terrifying manner. I am surely not alone. Who is here in this hall with me?

The air around me suddenly cuts through my clothes in a slicing manner.

WHOOM! WHOOM! WHOOM! -the wind loudly whispers as it pummels its air based force against my body. And yet, I find myself unharmed in physical definition by the wind's rough lashes. 

My attention quickly shifts to the air temperature around me, as I notice the immediate drop in heat present in the hall, feeling the evolution of tremendous chill encroach itself on my body, all while the outside of the hall are inversed, warm and welcoming, unlike the frigidness I feel surrounding me. Prompted by the cold change in temperature, I turn to my left side and head towards the broken windows that dot both sides of the hall.

Having approached a completely open and somewhat lonely window that lies at the center of the hall, I inspect very carefully its interior window walling, measuring in chance, how safe I may be if I climb out of the window and escape into the outside.

As I inspect the walls, my mind becomes slightly distracted as the picture painted outside is nothing short of unusual. The night sky before me is shaded in a complete dark purple, contrasting to that of the red tinted world behind me. To add, the clouds are black, with their creepy bodies of fluff surrounding in a circular manner, around the blood red tinted full moon.

"Circle, circle!" blurts out the same young voice.

Soon after hearing the blurting of the word circle, I feel a slight poke right at my belly button. There, I see it. The hairs attached on my body immediately stand in intense shock upon the recognition of the being before me, appearing creepier than the white figure I killed off earlier.

The small and young female appears before me, dressed in all white, with a pale sick white skin color to match. Looking into the young female's face, I overlook her straight long black hair and focus in on her eye sockets, to which they contain no eyeballs, only mere darkness within the spherical holes. To add to the disturbing sight, the female has a closed stitched mouth, surrounded by linear markings all on her lip area, underneath a missing nose, where two small triangular holes present themselves above her presumed mouth, resembling much like the nostril holes required for breathing.

The female now smiles at me, opening wide her stitched mouth before speaking excitedly to me.

"Come play with us! Come play with us!" she demands.

Shocked completely by her appearance, I ignore her request to play and ask her very timidly, a question.

"Wha- What has happened to you?"