From the Lost Children (VI)

"Are you okay?" she immediately asks me, with a look of heavy worry clearly present on her face.

Suddenly aware of how I am feeling, I quickly come back to my senses and unknowingly lie to her face, feeling both ashamed and relieved. I have never felt such an intense rush of emotion before as I have when I locked lips with Amarante. I am almost reminded of David when I kissed her.

"I'm sorry, I'm just overcome with a weird sort of happiness. You're a great kisser," I blurt out.

"Oh, I didn't know I was that good," she playfully adds.

"Yeah, I was surprised when we did that, given that you and I are-"

"Are what?" she asks.

"Aren't we friends?" I question.

"Well yeah but you kissing me makes us something else," she comments.

"Yeah no, you kissed me," I state.

"No it was you I'm sure," she strongly mentions.

"No it was you..." I say, before realizing it was I who reached into her mouth to kiss her.

"Stop playing around Caemanor," she jokingly presses.

"Yeah no it was me. Sorry I totally forgot," I say, feeling a bit embarrassed I forgot I was the one who kissed her on the lips.

"Well I told you so. So tell me about your life," Amarante suggests.

"Hey, we all make mistakes. Wait, what do you mean by my life? What do you want me to tell you about?" I pose curiously.

"I want to know about your life before the Second Life Program, like your life as a Hom. Is Hom by the way something you would call each other?" Amarante queries.

"No it's not. It's an insult for males who like other males and it's extremely offensive to me. By the way, how do you even know what that word is? Hom is a common language word."

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.... I was taught the male common language during my time in Reha. It was pretty easy to grasp in all honesty....Although, I didn't pay attention as much as I should have. I'm sorry...." Amarante apologizingly adds, with her face turning into a slight red hue after realizing she could have hurt my feelings.

Realizing she did no wrongs, I rush to assure her that she has done no wrongdoings.

"Hey now, don't be embarrassed. We all make mistakes, even the most beautiful of us," I comment lightly, before putting my right arm over her left shoulder.

Noticing that my arm is rested over her shoulder, Amarante proceeds to pull my arm away from her and instead reaches for my right hand with her left hand.

"Well thank you Caemanor, you're sweet. And if I may add something about your common language; when I learned how to speak it, I was reminded a lot of formal Rangsol, but only shorter sounding. Like for example, your 'Hom' in common language is actually 'Homas Leslie," although most just use Leslie for short," Amarante mentions briefly.

"That's really fascinating," I say, intrigued by the surprising connection between my language and her longer, more complex language.

"So my word for Mothe is-" Amarante adds before being cut off by my words.

"Mot in common language," I answer.

"And Fah is-"

"Fathe."

"Well what about 'I find you attractive?'" Amarante slyly asks.

"I. Fiu. Atriv," I slowly say, before planting another kiss on Amarante's sweet juicy lips.