Negligence (I)

Approaching the outline of Federal Building #194, I spot the Temur's front face within close proximity, noticing the triangular shaped roof of the Federal Building hunch over the newly painted tiny painting of Ai'nala at the Temur's front wall/roof, appearing as if the statue was the one holding the roof of the federal building up from this position. It's a pretty ridiculous look to me come to think of it. I continue walking and reach the Temur's right wall, before praying to the goddess Ai'nala, and making my way to Federal Building #194. I walk down from the back of the Temur and am led down to the front facing base of Federal Building #194.

I approach the entrance of the building and before climbing up the cement steps lining up from the large, I notice the green metallic double doors that stand behind as the entrance. I walk up the thin cement stairs to the green doors. The minute I approach the doors, the doors open inwards, showing me the building lobby that stands before me. The lobby is huge from where I stand with so much going on inside, all the while making a perfect cohesion of sorts. The vast blue-green wallpaper that covers the walled space of the lobby shines in equal color comparison to the red roses that are held inside the equally red colored vases both large and small sitting all around on top of the neat looking triangular shaped tables. The brown dirt colored tables sit facing each other with the accompanying silver empty chairs looking in the same direction, creating a sort of a diamond formation standing in sync with the equally as empty pastel colored recliner chairs hanging around the lobby.

Before observing the lobby any further, I look down and find myself standing under a mat with a single image imprinted on its vast white surface. A large black star with a phrase in white written under it is embedded in the mat's rubbery surface. 

"Pie gedans èi," says the phrase. 

Confused by the phrase's meaning, I look back up to the lobby floor. A woman in blue passes by the lobby, appearing very relaxed but robotic like. I soon get distracted from the woman by the loudening surrounding noise, particularly coming from the loud muffled chatter coming and going inside the lobby, without a stable source of sound to indicate where it may be coming from. As I look around for the source noise, I spot the same woman in blue calling each Kurakain from the waiting room to the interview room. She and a male seem to come out of the back room and then to a hidden room as I see no door in sight from where the woman and male went to or even exited by that matter. 

Come to think of it, I have not been inside the federal building since I was ten but even so, I still am able to recognize the mysterious otherworldly feeling the building lobby gives off. The lobby does not feel like it has been changed, not one bit. To add, the entire room nor the noticeable bland smell the lobby usually gives off does not seem to have changed either. Even the amount of noise given off by the fellow males in the building has not changed, well except for the composition of males emitting said noise. Only a handful of the Kurakains I assume are in the building lobby are talking, beside I who am silent of course. The noise make up sounds very similar to the once larger and equally as loud amount of impatient youngun version of ourselves and our Fathes who filled the entire lobby to the brim with chatter and our bodies, once determined to find out which group we (the younguns) were genetically tied to. The lobby even feels as if it were equally crowded now that I think of it, not less, odd given that there should be only a few amount of males here beside I. I look down again to the mat and stare once more at the phrase that stands underneath the star. Before I start to truly wonder what the phrase could possibly mean and its purpose for being on the mat, I am interrupted by the same woman in blue who escorted the Kurakain to the interview room. She walks over to me and soon after, tells me to wait inside the lobby waiting room where I follow her to it.

As usual, I walk with her to the waiting room, where she leads me to the waiting room. As a rule, if there is a female present inside any room where a male happens to also be in, the male is supposed to wait for her to direct him or allow him to act on his own. Punishment for disobeying a female, regardless of age, is a chopped ear. Oddly enough, I begin to doubt the very rule that keeps me from walking around the lobby or go find the waiting room by myself, as I am completely capable of doing it on my own. 

"Continue following me this way boy," says the caramel colored woman. 

I look at her face as she turns to me to give me that single order. I happen to catch a quick inspection of her face while she was telling me to continue following her. The woman holds her hair in a knot held back with a shiny brown string holding the knot together. The woman's eyes are of a strong apple color with black colored lips to compliment her solid blue outfit. Her frame is of a gentle yet somewhat male appetizing beauty but she hides it underneath the large blue suit she wears on top. Yet even as I catch the woman's bodily structure and imprint her boring image inside my head, I sense a feeling far from the casual aloofness she gives off. The woman in blue is afflicted with something darker and deeper taking a hold of her, I am sure of it, I just cannot put my finger on it. As we continue walking down the lobby, we start moving away from the reclining chairs that are scattered far from the diamond formation of chairs and tables at the center of the lobby. We stop midway toward the edge of the lobby, where she moves her right hand in the air, making some sort of pressing motion. Suddenly, the air wall appears, opening up and revealing a bright room held within the space before us.

Looking at the room before us, I walk toward the Kurakains seated down on the metal bench rows that fill the sides of the room. I stop upon reaching the front most bench out of the three present and wait seated on the bench's edge where its cold hard surface greets my bum. Before seating myself on the edge of the long front most bench of the room, I notice beforehand that the three bench rows of metallic grey length contain nine males scattered unevenly among the three benches. As I make myself comfortable, I notice how low the chatter that emitted from the room has dropped to since my arrival. No one is saying a word to each other or to me. Everymale is staring at me it seems, rather coldly. Have I done something wrong to upset them all? My curiosity soon leaves as the noise commences once again upon a second after my sitting of this bench. I sigh in relief, now waiting for my name to be called. While I sit, one male next to me leans in from the center of the front most bench and taps my left arm with his hand before telling me how lucky am I "to not have sat at the rightmost edge of the center bench." I turn behind me and look at the bench side behind me. 

"Why's that?" I ask the male. 

The natural blonde-red haired gentleman with brown eyes explains to me why, and the reason is shocking. 

"-Because, that corner space, the one near us, will stab a male up the ass with a thousand knives if one happens to sit anywhere inside that small space. It was all told to the first guy that got here but not the ones who came after. We were all fortunate enough to be told of this but we are never supposed to tell a male before sitting down." 

I am not sure if he is kidding or not to construct a good enough response. My pupils dilate in fear upon being told this but in the sense of doubt as there is always a deeper reason as to why some male would warn another, I openly agree with him out of option lack. 

"Wow, I sure must be lucky to have sat here and not there. Thank Ai'nala for my life and thank you for telling me," I say with hidden reluctance. 

The buzzer rings with the air wall that opened for me, opening from behind me almost immediately after, with another male arriving inside the waiting room but this time, without the same woman in blue who had escorted me here earlier. 

Soon enough after a few moments, I get called upon to the interview room from the front opening air wall. The air wall, now opening up to reveal me a hallway from inside this room, has its movement announced by a lighter buzzer ring followed by the sound of footsteps given to the floor by a different woman walking to the waiting room, only this time a woman in red with yellow tanned skin, a low chin and orange lips rather than the opposite of the woman in blue. She stops immediately upon arrival to the waiting room and calls my name forward. 

"Follow me please." As I exit through the entrance of the now closing air wall, I hear another male come in inside the waiting room from behind. As the wall closes slowly, I hear a scream swiftly turn into muffled gurgles amongst the return of the loudening chatter erupt from the room.