Six Feet Under - Billie Eilish

Our love is six feet under,
I can't help but wonder,
If our grave was watered by the rain,
Would roses bloom?
Could roses bloom?
Again?

I text you. You read it. You don't respond. This is normal. I know this. You explained it to me. You're just bad at texting, you only text when the timing is good for you, it doesn't mean you don't wanna talk to me, because you do, but you just do this, and it's nothing personal, and you don't mean to ignore me, and it's really more that you do it subconsciously, and you'll text when you have time, and I really don't have to worry about it.

Yeah, I know. I have this memorized. Because I repeat this to myself every time you don't answer. And by now, I've stopped worrying about it when you don't answer right away. You're busy and that's okay. Really, it is, I swear I'm not being sarcastic right now.

Because I like that you have a life and you want to do something useful with it, and you have so many dreams and goals and I want that for you. And I know you'll text back eventually, and I honestly don't mind going on with my life for a couple of hours before hearing back from you anymore, because there's tons of stuff to do in the meantime, and I know you'll text me when you have the time. And you do. And I get happy every time you do.

Except, now I'm always the one who text first. I'm the one who asks you how you are, and how you've been. We talk, but we don't really talk. You answer, but there's no effort in your responses.

I can't say that our love is dead, because our love has never even had the chance to be alive. But whatever we had, it's dying. I don't think it's dead yet, because at times you're still there. So maybe, we don't have to revive us, maybe we could just save us? Would you be up for that?

Because if it were me, I would water our grave every single day until the end of time, for the glimpse of hope that roses could bloom.