I Know Places - Taylor Swift

You stand with your hand on my waistline. It's a scene and we're out here in plain sight. I can hear them whisper as we pass by.
It's a bad sign.

Never will I ever be able to listen to this song again, without having this one memory resurfacing. We're in France, the week we met. It's Friday night, about 3 a.m. and we just came back from the village where all of us went to a bar to go drinking and dancing again, for the third time this week. You and I are waiting for the others because you came with the brilliant idea to go skinny dipping at the beach. It's just the two of us, standing outside in the dark, under a sky full of stars.

I'm drunk. Not just a little bit drunk, but really drunk. I'm standing with my arms wrapped around your waist, my head resting on your shoulder. I want to kiss you but I don't, because I'm so drunk and I want to be able to remember every single little thing when I kiss you. Instead I tell you I'm not feeling very well. Your hand moves to my hair as you start stroking it gently and we just stand there, silently, peacefully.

I hear footsteps and voices approaching and I move away from you, because I think you might not be comfortable with our friends finding us like that. I turn my body away from you, and start walking towards them. I turn my head around, looking back at you. "You coming?" I ask.

Somewhere along our walk to the beach you come back to me to walk by my side, and you put your arm around me to support me, asking me if I feel okay. We're walking at the back of the group and at this point I can't stop myself. You're so kind, so sweet, so beautiful, and I kiss you on the cheek, while we keep walking side by side, your arm around my waist, mine around your shoulders. You smile at me, and I kiss you again, on your jaw this time. Your smile grows and so does mine, and I remember wishing I could just stay in that moment forever. But you move away from my side to catch up with our friends at the front of the group and I watch your dark brown curls, glowing in the moonlight, still smiling, heart beating fast.