Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran

Give me love like never before,
'Cause lately I've been craving more.
And it's been a while but I still feel the same.
Maybe I should let you go.

I probably should let her go. It seems like she's lost interest and I'm just completely wasting my time thinking about her. But I need to be sure first, I need to know what changed her mind before I'm ready. Only 10 more days before I see her. I'm scared.

You know I'll fight my corner,
And that tonight I'll call you,
After my blood is drowning in alcohol.

I won't call. We never really do that. You wanted to call me once, when we were still good. But I was out with a friend, and by the time I got back home you were already asleep. You told me you didn't mind, that you understood. But I still wish I would've called you anyway. Maybe it would've become a thing. I would've liked that.

So I won't call. But I know I'll text. Because you're always on my mind, drunk or not. Only drunk me forgets all the reasons I shouldn't text you. Or actually, she doesn't forget, she just discards them. Everything becomes less complicated. Want to text her? Sure, go ahead. Want to tell her you like talking to her? No harm in that. But do you remember she hasn't reached out to you all week? Right. So wanna dance with that girl, or kiss that boy? Might as well. In the morning we'll just blame the alcohol instead of this twisted mind or fucked up heart.

Give a little time to me,
We'll burn this out.
We'll play hide and seek,
To turn this around.
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
My my, my my,
Give me love.

Just a little time. That's all I'm asking. You don't have to give anything up or sacrifice anything. A few minutes could make me so happy. Seconds even, just long enough to wrap my arms around you. Yes, all I want is the taste that your lips allow, but at this point I'd be more than happy just to see your face.