DKLA - Troye Sivan

Wrapped my thoughts around your mind.
Wrapped your body around mine.
Play it back and press rewind,
To when you traced your fingers, drew my spine.

Another memory I keep replaying in my head. This one is from that Friday too, except it's from earlier in the day. Oh, how I wish I could play it back for real.

Friday morning, 9 a.m. We all went to the bar in the village last night for the second time this week, and we came home late, so we're pretty tired. I'm laying in one of the two hammocks, just chilling. My friends are getting ready to go to the beach before our surf lessons start in the afternoon. I honestly didn't really feel like going anywhere this morning, so I told them to go without me, and ended up in this hammock. I'm too caught up in watching everyone get ready that I don't notice you walking my way until you crash down in the other hammock.

"The more I thought about what to do this morning, the more compelled I got to just follow your example," you say, making me laugh.

"Good call," I respond, secretly really happy that you decided to stay here with me, but trying not to show.

It hasn't even been two minutes when you ask me: "Rose, will you come join me?"

I get up and get in your hammock on the left side of you, laying down beside you. Gravity is literally pulling me towards you, as it directs both of our body weights to the center of the hammock, causing my right side to be pressed against your left. By now most of the people have left for the beach, and we make fun of the ones still running around, rushing to go surfing too. Eventually they leave too, and it's just the two of us.

At some point you put your arms under your head, supporting it, giving me more room. I put my arm around your waist and cuddle up against you, and you rest your hand on my arm, tracing patterns on my skin with your fingers. My head is resting on your chest, our bodies fitting together like they were somehow meant to end up in this hammock together some day.

We have this perfect balance going on between talking and silence, just feeling completely comfortable, sometimes even dozing off a little bit. Somehow we end up even closer together, your hand has moved from my arm to my hip, and our legs are now completely intertwined. I feel you kissing the top of my head and butterflies come alive in my stomach.

After a while our friends start coming back from the beach and I'm sure you're going untangle yourself from me but you simply throw a blanket you brought with you over our bodies, hiding just how close we are exactly from everybody else. A couple of our friends join us, sitting down in the sand beside the hammock. One of them is playing the guitar and your hand is now tracing the skin of my hip where my shirt has ridden up my body a little bit, causing me to shiver under our blanket. I'm tracing patterns on your outside of your leg, wishing I had kissed you when it was still just the two of us. I should've. Fucking idiot.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder, said by someone stronger than me.

This line. Beautiful. I'm dying to break the distance. The only thing stopping me is the hope that it does make your heart grow fonder. Because if it does, I can wait a little longer. Just 2 more weeks until the reunion. I don't know how to feel. Anxious or excited? I feel like these feelings are now as intertwined as our bodies once were.