(3)

"How was your day with them?!" Rachel asks as I put the water on to boil. We're making lunch.

"Fun. I think I fell asleep on Colby at like...4ish" I say.

"Aw"

"Whatever" I yawn. I only got 2/12 hours of sleep.

"Go take a nap. I'll finish" I nod and go upstairs to sleep.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

"Hailey, wake up" a man says. I'm to tired to make out who it is right now. I'll take a guess.

"Zane I told you, there's nothing to talk about" I say.

"Try again" I think for a minute and then I recognize the voice. I shoot up, hitting my head on the bunk above me.

"Jesus, Colby" I rub my head.

"Damn, Hailey. Are you trying to give yourself a concussion?"

"Obviously" I say sarcastically. Damn this hurts.

"Do you want some ice or something?" he stifles a laugh.

"Yeah that would be nice" 

"Ok I'm going, you can ease up on the sarcasm"

"Wait, what are you doing here?" 

"Devyn and Corey are adopting you"

"Really?" 

"You don't seem to happy about that?"

"I get adopted every few months but I always get sent back"

"They won't send you back"

"Sure"   

"Hailey, can we talk?" Zane asks from the doorway.

"Zane please...go"

"Hailey you're my best friend. Talk to me"

"Wait...this is Zane?" Colby asks. 

"Yeah"

"Who are you?" Zane asks.

"Colby"

"What are you doing in here?"

"Getting Hailey. You?"

"Trying to talk to her"

"I don't think she wants to. Go"

"Make me"

"I will. Go."

"No"

"Fine you asked for it" Colby rolls up his sleeves.

"Colby stop! I'll meet you downstairs. I uh...need to get something back from Zane"

"You sure?" 

"Yeah. Tell Devyn and Corey I'll be down in a minute" he nods and leaves.

"Hailey" Zane says.

"Yeah?" I ask. I start packing.

"I'm sorry"

"Ok"

"Scream at me! Hit me! Do something" 

"No"

"Why? I broke your heart. As your BFF it's my job to make sure that never happens"

"What do you want me to say? You rejected me. Period. Yeah, I'm sad but I cried to Devyn and Kat and Colby and I think Brennen too so I'm good. I've gone through worse, Zane. You know me, I'm not like other girls. I'm not gonna cry and mope around for weeks, I said 'I love you' you said you don't feel the same. Time to get on with life"

"I said I can't not that I don't feel the same"

"Don't! Do not do that! Do not give me hope where there is none!" 

"Hailey, I'm sorry" 

"I'll see ya later, Zane" I walk down the stairs to the lobby with my stuff and see Corey and Devyn.

"Surprise!" Devyn hugs me.

"Hey!" I hug her back.

"Are you ready to go?" Corey asks.

"Yeah, I just need to go say bye to Rachel and Luke"

"Ok" he says. I go to living room and see Colby talking to Rachel and Rachel trying not to explode from happiness.

"Colby you're going to kill her"

"How?"

"Well you're her favorite YouTuber and you're talking to her. She's gonna explode!"

"Hailey!" Rachel whines.

"Rachel" I mock.

"Are you ready to go?" Colby asks.

"Yeah. I gotta say bye to some people first"

"Ok. See ya, Rachel" he goes to the lobby.

"So I guess you gotta go now" Rach says.

"Yeah. I'll call you tonight"

"Promise?" she starts tearing up.

"Promise" I hug her.

"You better"

"I will but I gotta go find Luke now"

"Ok"

"Lukie!" I yell.

"Yeah?" he asks walking up to me.

"I gotta go"

"Oh. Text me!" he hugs me.

"I will" I hug him back.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Devyn showed me my room and told me I could do whatever I want to it.

"You hungry?" she asks.

"I'm OK, thanks"

"If you get hungry let me know"

"K" we go downstairs and I sit on the couch and she goes to the kitchen. I go on instagram and scroll through my feed.

"Hey" Sam says sitting next to me.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing"

"and nothing means?"

"Nothing!" he smiles. Shit what is going on. He pulls out a towel and puts it over my head.

"Sam, what are you doing?"

"It's a surprise" he makes me stand up and starts walking me somewhere. The towel lifts up and I see Scotty Sire.

"Hi, I'm here too"

"Hey" the towel goes back over my face. We start walking.

"Ok you have to be dizzy for this" Elton says and someone starts spinning me.

"Elton, what's going on?" . The

"You'll see" I'm now extremely dizzy. I have a go pro in my hand for some reason. The towel is ripped of my face and I see a giant foam hand with shaving cream about 1 second before it smacks me face. My legs land in the ball pit but the rest of me lands on the cement behind it.

"She missed the ball pit.....how did she miss the ball pit?!" Elton asks. After everyone gets over the shock or something they run over to me. God my head hurts so bad! I fell like I'm gonna pass out.

"Hailey! Are you ok?!" Colby asks helping me sit up. A nod slowly. It kinda feels like the world is slow motion.

"Should we take her to a hospital?" Sam asks.

"Um..yeah. Yeah lets go" Corey says. I just noticed that Kat and Devyn are covered in shaving cream. Guess they got the hand too.

"Hails, can you stand up?" Colby asks. I look at him and try to get up but between the headache and the dizziness and the tiredness, I can't. I shake my head no. He picks me up and carries me bridal style to Corey's car. He sits in the back with me and Elton hops in the passenger seat. Corey starts driving towards the hospital and I start losing consciousness.