(25)

(Don't play the video until it says too!)

"It's all my fault, Aaron" I say.

"Colby, you didn't know he was gonna hurt her. We all know you would never intentionally do something that could hurt Hailey" Aaron says. Hailey comes down stairs and sits next to me.

"Whoa, who died?" Hailey jokes.

"I gotta go do something" he says and leaves.

"Colby? What's going on?" she asks.

"I need to tell you something and I'll completely understand if you hate me after" I say.

"Colby....what is it?"

"I was the one that called the police and Rico. I had no idea he would go after you... I am so sorry, Hailey. I understand if you never wanna talk to me again"

"Why would I never want to speak to you again?"

"It's my fault you were almost killed"

"Colby, its not your fault. You tried to protect me and other girls and it ended with him taking his anger out on me. I am not mad at you whatsoever, ok?"

"How do you forgive people so easily?"

"There's nothing to forgive, baby"

"Hailey, I know you're mad at me"

"Fine, I'll prove to you that I'm not mad" she smiles. She straddles me and starts kissing me. I kiss her back and lift my hands so now one is caressing her cheek and the other is moving along with her hips . She starts gently grinding on my lap. I start to get a boner. When she feels it pressing against her leg she smiles into the kiss.

"Wanna go upstairs?" she asks.

"Hey gu--whoa keep it PG please" Corey says. The others come in trying to not laugh at what they had just witnessed. Oh my God are you serious right now? Hailey slides off my lap. I grab a throw pillow to cover up my boner.

"Hail, you excited for your birthday next week?" Devyn asks.

"Kind of"

"Is the orphanage dragging you back today?" Corey asks.

"I convinced the orphanage to let me stay here for a week because of my PTSD so by the time I would have to go back I'll be 18 so I won't have to"

"OK. Speaking of, how did you do after your nightmare last night?" he asks.

Hailey's POV

"Good...I'm gonna go get some food" I get up and walk to the kitchen. After grabbing some food I look out the window. I see a figure disappear behind a tree. I stumble back hitting my hip on the island. I hiss in pain and run over to a cabinet to get a frying pan. I go to the back door and look out it. I don't see anything.

"Hails? Whatcha doin?" Elton asks coming up behind me.

"I..I...I s...saw someone in the backyard" I stutter.

"I'm sure it was just a shadow"

"N...no. It's Rico, he...he...kn..knows I..I'm alive, Elton!"

"He's not here, ok? If it is someone it's probably a crazed fan or a robber. The guys and I will go check it out to make sure but you're fine, Hailey. You're safe"

"O..ok" I exhale and go sit on the couch next to Devyn.

"Guys, Hailey saw someone in the back yard and is freaking out. Anyone wanna come check it out with me?"