(41)

Devyn's POV

Me: Hello?

Willow Tree Orphanage: Hello, is this Devyn Lundy or Corey Sherer?

Me: Yes, this is Devyn. Can I help you?

WTO: Hi, Devyn. This is Donna.

Me: Oh, hey Donna. What's up?

WTO: You and Corey told me the last time you were here that if there was a kid that really needed a home, that you would take them in for even a little bit.

Me: Yeah, we did. Is there someone you need us to take in?

WTO: There's this kid who really needs a place. We don't have enough room for him here. His name is Zachary Bowman. He's a very good kid just....damaged.

Me: There's nowhere else for him to go?

WTO: No

Me: Alright, when do you want me to pick him up?

WTO: Now?

Me: Ok. I'll be there soon

WTO: Thank you, Devyn. 

Me: Your welcome. Bye

WTO: Bye

I search around the house until I find Corey in the kitchen.

"Hey" I say.

"Hey, baby" he says.

"Remember when we told the orphanage that if they had any kids that needed a home, we would take them in?"

"Yeah"

"They've got this kid, Zachary, and they have no room for him. They were wondering if we could just take him in for a while? We don't have to adopt him, he just needs a place to stay"

"Ok. Right now?"

"Yes"

"Let's go then"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

~<>~<>~

We walk into the orphanage and see Donna at her desk and a teenage boy in a chair. He has dark hair and is wearing dark clothing.

"Hello, Donna" I smile.

"Devyn! Corey! Come give me a hug!" she exclaims coming over to us. We both hug her.

"Devyn?!" I hear a girl ask. I look over and see Rachel.

"Hi, Rachel" I say.

"What are you doing here? Is everything ok with Hailey?"

"Yes, she's fine. Just here to pick up someone"

"Oh. Tell Hailey we all say hi"

"I will"

"Thanks" she says and walks away.

"Devyn, Corey, this is Zachary" Donna gestures to the boy.

"Hi" I smile.

"Hi" he says. 

"Does he have everything ready?" Corey asks.

"Yep" Donna says.

"Ok. Is there anything we need to fill out, like with Hailey?" I ask.

"Nope, we already have all of your information and everything. Zachary, come here please" she says. Zachary gets up and comes over.

"Zachary, this is Devyn and Corey. You'll be living with them for awhile" Donna says.

"Ok" he says.

"Alright, lets go" Corey says. We walk out to the car. We put Zachary's things in the trunk then get in the car. Corey driving, me in shotgun, and Zachary in the back. We stay quiet for a few minutes until I decide to break the silence.

"So, is it Zachary or Zac?" I ask.

"Zac" he says.

"Cool, I like it"

"Thanks"

"Oh, we should probably warn you, we currently live with 4 other people but we usually have around 9 people there excluding us"

"Why do you have so many people over?"

"2 of them used to live there but they moved out last week after they found out the genders of their babies. The rest are all boyfriends or girlfriends of the people in the house"

"Oh"

"We'll introduce you to everyone when we get there. The people we live with are Elton, Amanda, Sam, and Aaron. Elton and Amanda are together. The other people who will be there are Hailey, Colby, Kat, Shea, and Hayden"

"Who's with who? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I'm just trying to make conversation or something"

"It's fine, I don't think you're being annoying. So, Sam and Kat are together, then Hailey and Colby, Aaron and Hayden, Elton and Amanda, and me and Corey"

"What about Shea?"

"Oh right. Hailey and Colby are together but Hailey was gone for a month and Colby slept with Shea. Now, Shea and Hailey are both pregnant. Shea's moving to Japan after the babies are born for her mother and giving the babies to Hailey and Colby since Colby is the father and she doesn't want to take the babies away from him"

"Damn"

"Right. A lot of shit has gone in since we adopted our daughter"

"What kind of shit other than the pregnancy stuff"

"Gang stuff. Prostitution"

"You said your kid is Hailey right?"

"Yeah"

"Is she Hailey Evans?"

"Yes, how'd you know?"

"I saw her on the news. Her story sounded traumatizing"

"It was. Luckily, it doesn't bother her that much anymore"

"That's good"

"Yeah, it is. Tell me about you, Zac"

"There's not that much to know"

"Tell me anyway"

"Um ok....abusive dad, dead mom, been to about 5 different orphanages. 1 every year. I've been in orphanages since I was 10 and I'm 15 now"

"Your story is a lot like Haileys. Is that the story for most kids?"

"More or less. My mom died of cancer when I was 3. My aunt took care of me until I was 6 because my dad wouldn't get off his ass. My aunt got the same cancer that my mom had and died a few months later which left me to deal with my dad and protect my sister"

"Where's your sister?"

"Dead. Apparently the cancer my mom and aunt had was genetic or something. My sister got it when she was 5 and died when she was 8. I was 10 when she died. I couldn't stand my dad alone anymore so I called the cops on him when he almost killed me. He's been in jail ever since"

"I'm so sorry, Zac" I say. 

"Me too" Corey says with a sympathetic look.

"It's fine. It was years ago"

"We're home" Corey says as we pull in.

"Damn, you guys didn't mention you lived in a mansion!" Zac says in awe.

"Hailey had the same reaction" I laugh. We walk in an introduce him to everyone. Everyone seemed to like him a lot. Hailey and him get along really well. He reminds me a lot of Hailey in some ways, he's a little guarded sometimes but he's really kind......I just realized we added another boy to the house......oh no. 

___________________

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry this took so long to get out but here it is! I hope you enjoyed! Love y'all! Byeeeee

XoXo ~Mel