(5)

Colby, Brennen, and Sam decided that if I'm gonna see Jeremy their coming with. We get to the park by the orphanage. I spot Jeremy at a picnic table but he hasn't noticed me.

"You ready?" Colby asks.

"Y...yeah. It was almost 9 years ago. I can do this"

"You're sure?"

"No but my therapist has been suggesting this for weeks. I need to do this....I think"

"Ok. Let's go" Colby says. We start walking over. Jeremy see's me and smiles. He notices the 3 boys behind me. He looks like he's internally freaking out.

"Hey, Hailey" he says.

"Hi" I sit down. Colby and Sam sit next to me and Brennen sits next Colby.

"Who are they?"

"Brennen, Colby, and Sam. They're my family"

"Oh...how have you been?"

"Okay. I've gotten better since I was adopted. I have anorexia, depression, PTSD, and anxiety because of you and dad"

"I'm so sorry, Hailey. I freaked after mom died. I felt all alone and took it out on you. I'm sorry"

"I was 8! I was all alone too! I lost my whole family in a day! My mom died, my dad went to jail, my brother...he wasn't there anymore. It was like you left your body and a stranger possessed it. Ever thought about how it felt for me? I was a fat little 8 year old. I could barely run from you when you chased me with a knife. I didn't know how to defend myself!"

"I know....if I could take it all back I would have. I wish I would have took care of you instead of traumatizing you"

"Why did you go to jail?"

"It was usually something drug related. 2 times it was stealing something though"

"Did you go to the jail where..."

"Dad was? Yeah. I talked to him a bit. He expected me to forgive him for killing mom"

"Jer? Why did you hate me so much after mom died?"

".....you look exactly like her. At the time you look and acted like her...now you look exactly like her. The reason I hated you was because you reminded me of her everyday but you weren't her. You weren't mom and I hated you for it"

"I look like her?"

"Yeah. I remember her having this little freckle on her temple...you have it too"

"Oh yeah...whenever I asked her about it she would tell me it was where an angel gave her a kiss" 

"Yeah..."

"Hey, Corey and Devyn just back from Florida" Colby says.

"Who are they?" Jeremy asks.

"My parents"

"Oh"

"Do they want me home or something?"

"Yeah. She said Rachel and Zane are there"

"Oh ok. We gotta go" I say to Jer.

"Ok. It was good seeing you, Hail"

"Yeah...bye" we get in Sam's car. I sit in the back with Colby while Brennen rides shotgun.

"Are you ok?" Colby asks.

"Y...I think so"

"Do you think you handle Zane and your brother in the same day?" he asks jokingly.

"Abusive brother and best friend that rejected me? Nope" I joke back.

"Well at least you're not alone with Zane. You'll have Rachel!"

"True" 

We get back home and go inside. I go to the living room and see Rachel, Zane, and....Travis?! Travis and I met at school and since he has become my bestest friend. He went to Michigan 2 weeks ago. I didn't know he was back!

"Collins?! What are you doing here?!" I ask.

"Nice to see you too, Evans" he jokes. He gets up and we hug. Life has been hell at school since he went on vacation. 

"When did you get back?"

"Um....and hour ago, I think"

"Ahem" Rachel coughs.

"Oh right. Sorry! Hey, guys" Rachel gets up and we hug.

"Having a little too much fun with your new life? YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME!!"

"I text you every day?"

"Did you come to visit once?"

"...no.....I'm sorry"

"It's ok. Are you gonna introduce us to your new friend? He just walked in so he didn't get the chance"

"Oh. Zane, Rach. This is my friend..." 

"Boyfriend" Travis interrupts. Zane sends a glare to him.

"In your dreams, jackass" I say.

"You know it" he winks. I roll my eyes.

"This is my friend, Travis. Collins, these are my friends, Rachel and Zane"

"Oh so that's Zane" Travis says. Zane looks at me and lifts an eyebrow.

"Not now" I whisper to Travis.

"Fine fine. Man, you weren't kidding when you said Rachel was really pretty"

"Travis, no"

"Hi, Travis Collins. Nice to meet you" he says to Rachel.

"Same. How long have you known Hailey?"

"Since she got here. We go to school together. You?"

"Since she came to the orphanage almost 9 years ago"

"Wow. You guys have history then"

"Yeah" Zane says. Why does he look so annoyed?

"So Zane. How's Faith?"

"Good. She's in the kitchen with Devyn"

"REALLY?!"

"Yeah" I run to the kitchen and see Faith sitting on the table while Devyn cooks.

"Hi, Faithy!" I say. Devyn turns around when she hears me.

"Hey, Hailey"

"Hi, Devyn. Hey, Faithy" I say in my baby voice. Yes, I have a baby voice but it's not annoying. It's just a little softer and higher.

"Hi" Faith says. I pick her up and hug her.

"So Zane's here" Devyn says.

"Mhm"

"Is Faith your daughter?"

"No, when Zane was 15 he went out to a party. Got his girlfriend pregnant. 9 months later she leaves him and Faith"

"Oh....are you and  Travis together? You guys seem to flirt a lot"

"Heh no. When he flirts with me he's just messing around"

"Are you sure"

"Yeah"

"Do you like anyone? Just humor me, I'm bored"

"Fine....I kinda do"

"Ooo! Who?!"

"I can't. I could get in trouble and be taken away"

"No one in the house is actually related and Corey and I are the only ones who adopted you. Who is it?"

"If you say a word I will skin you alive" 

"My lips are sealed"

"Fine it's....."