(39)

I stare at the text and debate whether to wake up Colby or let him sleep for a bit....I'll wake him up.

"Colby" I shake him awake.

"What?" he mumbles.

"Who's Liz?" 

"Why?"

"She texted you" I say. He sits up and grabs his phone to read the text. His eyes widen.

"Hailey, I know this looks really bad but I swear it's not what it looks likes"

"Really? Babe, come over, don't tell the girlfriend" 

"Just trust me"

"How, Colby? You freaked out on me, ran off to a bar, got beat up, and now a girl is texting you to come over without telling me. How am I supposed to trust you?"

"Go on a date with me tomorrow and I'll prove that you can trust me"

"I'm gonna ask you a question and I want you to answer it honestly. Don't think about my reaction or what will happen after just tell me the truth"

"Ok. What is it?"

"Are you cheating on me?"

"No"

"Ok. I gotta finish packing"

"Oh yeah I totally forgot about the apartment"

"Colby, how about you stay here instead of moving in for a while"

"Hailey, I'm not cheating on you!"

"I'm sorry but I can't believe that after what I saw especially because you won't give me an explanation"

"I'm buying an engagement ring from her" he sighs. I freeze for a second and slowly turn my head to look at him"

"What?"

"Liz calls everyone babe. She wanted me to come over because she has the ring and she told me to leave without telling you because it was supposed to be a surprise. I left so quick after remembering because I was supposed to be there before 3 to pay for it but apparently I called Gus a pussy or something so he punched me a few times. I didn't cheat on you, I was just getting you an engagement ring"

"Really?"

"Yeah" he says with a small smile. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my torso. He pulls away and pulls something out of his bedside drawer. He turns to me with a beautiful ring inside a maroon ring box. (Ring picture above)

"Hailey June Evans, will you marry me?" he asks.

"Yes!" I smile.

~<>~<>~

After we got engaged we just cuddled on the couch downstairs while watching iZombie for 2 hours with everyone. 

"Colby?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"I just realized something"

"What is it?"

"Remember when the doctor said I was 6 weeks and we immediately assumed it was Rico's?"

"Yeah"

"We had sex the day before I was kidnapped. The baby could be yours" 

"Really?!" 

"Mhm"

"Is there any way you could find out right now?" Devyn asks.

"Yeah but there's a risk of miscarriage so I want to wait till after he or she's born"

 "Shea's coming over" Colby says after looking at his phone.

"Is everything ok?" I ask.

"I don't think so. She said 'I'm coming over, be there in 5. Important. Need to talk to you and Hailey'"

"Oh ok"

~7 minutes later~

Shea comes in and calls us over to talk in private.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I want you and Colby to take the twins after they're born" she says.

"What?!" Colby and I exclaim.

"Remember how my mom moved to Japan? Well she's sick and can't come home, she needs me over there and I can't take care of the twins and my mom and her husband. Plus, I'm not gonna take your kids away from you, Colby. I'll try to visit as much as possible but I have to leave right after they're born so you have a few months to think about it. It's either this or putting them up for adoption" She explains. 

"Of course, we'll take them but don't you want to know your kids?" I ask.

"Yes, I do but I figured it would be better for them to be in a safe, healthy, and loving environment instead of a little house in Japan with their sick grandma and their mom never paying attention to them because grandma needs her. I'll try to visit at least once every 2 months"

"We completely understand that, Shea. We'll take the twins" Colby says.

"Thank you guys" she says and we have a group hug.