(7)

"Fine! Yeah, I'm a little upset but you don't even know like you so I don't really have any right to be!"

Colby freezes and stares at me. I sit on his couch and put my head in my hands, closing my eyes and hoping that when I look up it'll all just be a dream. I few seconds past and then I feel Colby sit down next to me.

"Why....why didn't you tell me?" he asks quietly.

"I was scared" I say.

"Of what?" 

"Rejection. The pain that follows"

"Oh......you're 17, Hailey"

"I'll be 18 in 4 months"

"I'm sorry, Hailey...."

"Yeah, no I get it...." I stand up and he grabs my wrist. I wince and his head shoots up. He looks at me for a second then he pulls up my sleeve and stares at all of the cuts. He doesn't say anything.

"Colby, I..."

"Why?"

"Let me go"

"Why are you still hurting yourself?" 

"Let me go, Colby" he let's go and I run to my and lock my door. I hear him go downstairs. I open my door to listen.

"Hey. Corey, Devyn? I need to tell you guys something" Colby says.

"What's up?" Corey asks.

"So um...I just found out Hailey's still hurting herself"

"What? Your kidding right? This is a stupid prank"

"It's not a prank, Corey. I was talking to her and I grabbed her wrist. It hurt her so I pulled up her sleeve and saw probably 6 or 7 cuts"

"I'll go talk to her. Any idea why she would do this again?" Devyn asks.

"Me. She did it because of me"

"What are you talking about?" Corey asks. I can hear the anger in his voice.

"She did it because she walked in on me and Shea making out. I didn't know she likes me" 

"She likes you?"

"Yeah. She just told me" I hear footsteps coming up the door. It sounds like 2 people. Probably Corey and Devyn. I can't do this anymore. I can't cause them anymore stress like this...I'm gonna leave.  I get out a bag and start packing my things.

"Hailey? Can I come in?" Devyn asks knocking on the door. I hide my bag and wipe the tears away.

"Y..yeah" I sit on my bed and Devyn and Colby walk in. They both sit on the bed next to me.

"Colby told me you hurt yourself?"

"It was a one time thing. The razors are in a box under the clothes in my closet. You can have them" Colby gets up and grabs the box of razors. Then comes back to sit next to me. 

"Is there anything we can do to help you?" she asks.

"Nope"

"Do you wanna talk?"

"Nope"

"Ok. I'll be in my room if you need something"

"K" she gets up and leaves but Colby stays.

"I'm sorry" he says.

"You didn't do anything"

"I slept with Shea because I didn't want to tell you how I felt about you"

"What?"

"I like you too"

"Oh" I say. He turns to look at me. He puts his hand on the side of my face and slowly, our faces get closer together. He closes the distance and our lips connect. It's better than I ever thought it would be. After a few seconds he pulls away and stands up.

"Goodnight, Hailey" he walks out, closing the door. At least someone in the house knowns how to shut a door. I grab my bag and finish packing. I can't create more stress for this family. I go downstairs and get some food from the cupboards then open the door. The alarm goes off! SHIT! I run out the door before anyone can catch me. I sprint until I can't breathe. 

Corey's POV

"Is that the alarm?" I ask running down the stairs. I see the front door open. No no no! I run back upstairs and open the door to Hailey's room. She's not there and her closet is empty.

"Guys! Hailey's gone!"