(37)

We see Aaron laying on his hospital bed, asleep but alive. 

"Can we go in?" Hayden asks. The doctor nods and we go in. I look at Hayden and he looks like he's about to cry. I put my hand on his shoulder and give him a reassuring smile.

"He's gonna wake up right?" I ask.

"Yes. Anywhere between 10 minutes and 10 days"  the doctor explains.

"Ok, thank you"

"No problem. Now, because this was attempted suicide we are prescribing him a counselor"

"Ok"

"Do any of you have any idea why he would do this? Did something happen? Does he have extreme depression? Anything?"

"Yeah, I broke up with him without giving him the reason" Hayden explains.

"Oh...thanks...I'll let you be alone with him now" the doctor says and leaves. We stand around in the room for a little while until Elton speaks up.

"Hayden, when he wakes up maybe you shouldn't be here. He might freak out or have or breakdown"

"Yeah, I know....I was just thinking about that" 

"Or maybe he'll be happy because Hayden came to be here for him even when he thought Hayden didn't care about him anymore" I say.

"Maybe, but we don't know Hailey" Elton says.

"I know but what if we have a chance to make Aaron happy again?"

"Hailey, I came hoping he was alive. He's alive and when he wakes up the people he loves will be here. I have to leave before he wakes up, even if he wanted to we couldn't get back together because Anaconda would never let that happen and I can not risk him actually dying or being tortured for a month. I want Aaron to be happy too, he will be eventually. I'd rather have him be alive without me then dead or sitting in a cold, dark room with blood dripping from him until he eventually dies" Hayden explains.

"Who's Anaconda?" Aaron asks. We all quickly turn to look at him.

"You're awake!" I exclaim and hug him.

"Who's Anaconda, Hayden?" he asks after I pull away. 

"Nobody. I'm glad you're ok" Hayden says then starts walking towards the door.

"Hayden, tell me what's going on"

"I can't, Aaron"

"Yes, you can. Just tell me. Why would I be dead if we were together?"

"I'll tell you when you're feeling better"

"No. Now"

"Guys, lets go get some food" I say and drag everyone except Hayden out of the room. I really want to stay in there to see what happens.

Aaron's POV

"Hayden...please" I beg. Hayden turns around with tears in his eyes.

"....For years before I met you I was part of a gang, Rico's gang. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to scare you off. When Rico went to jail, Anaconda took over. She doesn't like us being with non-members and I was scared what would happen to you so I broke up with you to keep you safe but obviously that didn't work" he explains.

"Why didn't you just tell me to begin with?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't care,  I knew you would want to stay together and completely ignore your safety"

"Well you were right"

"I gotta go"

"No, stay with me. Please?" I ask. He hesitates for a second then comes over to my bed. I scoot over and he climbs in next to me. He puts his arm around me and I snuggle into his side.