Chapter 2: Please Teach Me!

Same day, 7:00 pm, Tetsu-nii's residence @ Tokyo

"We will be leaving Miya under you care Onii-san." My dad said to uncle.

"Don't worry. We will take care of her. Besides, Tetsuya is here to stay her out of trouble." Uncle assured my father.

"Ok. We will be leaving now. See you in 2 days Miya!" My mom then kissed me at the cheek and left with dad.

After my parents left, I helped auntie in the dishes. Tetsu-nii offered his help to clean the table but I insisted because I know he had a rough training at school. When everything is finished, auntie told me that I will be sleeping at Tetsu-nii's room. There are two seperate futons at the room. I went upstairs to check and saw Tetsu-nii already finished his bath. He has new clothes and a towel on his head.

"Where do you want to sleep, Miya-chan?" Tetsu-nii offered while drying his hair with a towel.

"Anywhere is fine, Tetsu-nii." I answered. "Then I should take a bath now. By the way Tetsu-nii, don't sleep yet. I want to hear about the basketball club you are now at. You seem to be having fun lately."

"And I would also like to hear the Writer's Club you were at." He responded.

After bathing, I dressed up in the bathroom and went to the bedroom. I saw Tetsu-nii reading a book in his study table. When he saw me, he put down his book and went to the small table in the middle of the room. I sat down opposite to him and began chatting.

After an hour....

"That was an interesting story you got there, Tetsu-nii. Well even though you lost at Inter high, there is still Winter Cup you know..."

"That is why we are trying our best to improve in the best way we can. Seirin will not lose this time." I saw the determination in his eyes. Is this what basketball can do?

"Well then," I stood up, "I've finally decided."

"Decided on what?" He wondered.

"I'll be joining the Basketball Club!" I smiled at him

"Demo... There is no women's basketball club at Seirin..."

"Who says I'll be studying at Serin?" I put my hands on my waist.

"What do you mean, Miya-chan?"

"Hehe... I'll be studying at Teiko!"

"Eh?!" I can see the shockness in his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*PIP*

I heard a phone being closed, "What did your coach said? Did she let you?"

"Hai. Good thing its saturday so I can take a day off only in my practice." He replied with a smile, "But are you sure about joining the basketball club? Have you even played it?"

"After hearing your story with Seirin, my heart was filled with joy. I want to feel what you are feeling while playing basketball. And about learning the sport... That will be you job!" I demanded.

"Eh? I'm not an excellent player. My role is a shadow, remember? But I know someone who could teach you the basics." He opened his phone and called someone.

If Tetsu-nii is not going to teach me, who could it be?

"Moshi moshi, Kuroko desu. Sorry for calling you this early. I need to ask you a favor....."

-------------------------------------------------------------

~TETSUYA'S POV

Miya-chan is now officially enrolled at Teiko. It sure brought back memories when I saw the school. Right now, we are going to a basketball court near Maji Burger. That is where Miya-chan will be taught in playing basketball.

When we arrived, we saw a certain red head doing a dunk in the court. We let him to do his business for a few minutes when I decided to greet him.

"Ohayou, Kagami-kun." He was at the verge of doing a lay-up, but then it missed. The ball bounce back from the ring and hit his head.

"Ku-roko! Don't sneak up on me like that!" He exclaimed.

"Sumimasen, I didn't mean it. By the way, here is Miya-chan. He's my cousin from Kyoto." I introduced her to Kagami-kun but when I looked at my right, she was nowhere to be found.

"Ha? Where?" Kagami-kun also looked at my right.

Suddenly we heard a ball bouncing. I saw Miya-chan dribbling the ball and was about to do lay-up. The ball went in but...

"Oi! You there!" Kagami-kun exclaimed.

"Hai!" Miya-chan flustered. She held the ball with both hands in her chest.

"You really look like Kuroko huh... Well, that shot was good but..... You were travelling!!!!" Kagami-kun scolded her.

"3 steps without dribbling the ball is travelling. That is a basic rule, Miya-chan." I added

"Ah! Sumimasen. That's why I'm here to learn the basics. Kagami-kun," Miya went forward to him and bowed, "please teach me how to play....." She rise and look him in the eye, "basketball!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagami is now in!!!

Gambatte ne for teaching Miya!!!!

~('.'~) (~'.')~ go go Miya!! Go go go Miya!!!