Chapter 19: Torn

~MIYA'S POV

"What are you smiling about? Its kinda creepy." Tetsu-nii asked.

"AH! Sorry. I wasn't aware that I'm smiling. Its just that tomorrow will be the start of our training." I replied while closing my phone. But then, it vibrated in my hand again so I checked it and saw who that the text was from coach.

To: Miya

Subject: PM

We need to discuss something after the practice. Its about the other club that you've joined. There's a bit of a problem so it has to be settled tomorrow. Good Night.

Problem? What kind of problem? What have I done wrong?

"I think that nothing's wrong with you, Miya-chan. If my theory is correct, they might let you choose on a full time club."

"WAHH!!" I jumped because of shock. I didn't noticed Tetsu-nii at my back and reading my text.

"You worry too much, Miya-chan. You didn't even felt my presence for a second. That's rare for you, being the daughter of a martial artist master."

"U-urusai! Is it wrong to be anxious? What should I do?!"

"For starters, you should stop nibbling your nails."

"Hai!" I then put my hand at my back and continue to listen to him.

"And..." His hand was carressing his chin.

"And???"

"Wait 'til tomorrow." He snapped her fingers in front of me.

"That is it?!"

"We really don't know the problem, right? But if that is really the issue, you should choose what your heart dictates."

"That's the advise I always get and until now. I still don't get it." I murmured and pouted. I saw Tetsu-nii smiled as we continue walking home.

~5PM @ Teikou's Gym

After the exhausting training we had, Shizi-senpai asked us to sit on the court. She's aware that we can barely stand on our feet. She was holding some kind of a paper which was given by manager-kun.

"These are my observations for all of you. First, Kazuha. Work more on your dribbling. As the point guard of the team, this is essential. Even if someone who doesn't possess the eagle eye but masters the skill of ball handling, you will be defeated easily."

"Hai." This is the first time I've seen Kazuha-chan in a serious state.

"Shinichi."

"H-hai!"

"As usual, you calculate too much. In basketball, time can make a difference. The moment that the team passes you the ball, they've already put their trust in you as their shooting guard." She then looked at manager-kun. "What was her time in releasing the ball?"

Manager-kun looked at the paper he's holding, "5 seconds, Shizi-senpai."

"That's too long. Practice more and see to it you make it to the 3 seconds time limit."

"Understood."

"Atari, I know that you're tall but try to jump a little higher."

"Eh? But that was my best..." Ata nee-chan pouted.

"That's not your full power. Come here. I'll teach you. Manager-kun, pass me the ice pack."

We were all skeptical about her request but manager-kun still passed her the ice pack.