Chapter 10: The Second Club Fare

~3rd Person POV

"Kanto-kun[1], what do you mean by that?" The tall captain asked her.

Shizi faced the presenceless girl and said, "You were a volleyball player in middle school, right?"

Miya was shocked about what she heard from the coach. She tried to reply but she couldn't. Her mind was all blank.

"I-is that true, Kuroko-san?" A girl with a green hair who was slightly taller than Rinoka asked. She was hiding at the back of Riyoka.

"H-hai. I was the libero of the team." Miya replied hesitantly.

"But you're not just a libero, you were the MVP of the liberos in the whole country!" Shizi excitedly added.

"Naniiiii[2]?!" The whole gym was filled with voices.

"Then why are you playing basketball now?" Riyoka, still bewildered by the news, asked the little blue head girl.

"I have to quit volleyball when I entered high school due to some circumstances. Don't worry, I don't have any injuries or such. It's just that I have to choose my responsibility at school rather than joining a sports team." As she explained, her hand was waving side to side in assurance.

"So what if she was in a volleyball team? Basketball is far too different. How can you say that she can help the team win?" A certain robotic voice interrupted the elated atmosphere.

The coach smirked at Rinoka and held Miya in her arms. "Don't tell me you didn't notice her play awhile ago. You tried to pass the ball to Riyoka, right? Then what happened?" She cut her sentence to let the blonde complete it.

"I accidentally passed it to Kuroko-san." Rinoka explained.

Shizi's smile grew bigger and said, "That was no accident, Rinoka. Oh c'mon, Miya! Explain it to them!" She slapped Miya's back and you could hear her wince in pain.

"She calls me by my first name already?" Miya thought to herself.

The blue head girl sighed and answered the question, "The coach is right. That wasn't an accident. Back in middle school, they called me the 'ball magnet'. They thought that no one was there so they will spike it in that free area but I was totally ready to save the ball. That's because I have no presence. I never imagined that my ability could still work in basketball. Although it was quite different."

"Quite different? What do you mean by that, Mi-chan?" Kazuha asked in amusement.

Miya inhaled deeply for she knows that this will be another long explanetion, "Well there is one thing that I still didn't tell you. My mom works at the hospital as a Physical Therapist. Whenever I visit her, I perform magic to the patients, especially to the kids. My specialty is illusion, I may say." She then faced Rinoka and asked her, "Before you passed the ball, what did you saw?"

"Hmm.. I saw nee-chan infront of you. But my eyes deceived me."

"That's because you play too much video games at night!" Riyoka lectured her.

"You can do magic? Show me some!" Kazuha jumped up and down, clapping her hands.

She disregard other people and said, "Yes, your eyes deceived you. I never thought that I could apply my magic skills in basketball. " Miya smiled in satisfaction.

"But your ability has some limitations, I guess." The coach hinted.

"Yes, I know. But the only limitation I know is that it cannot be used in a one-on-one. I discovered it when practicing with my cousin's friend." Miya remembered the days when she practiced with Kagami.