Chapter 8: Do You Love Basketball?

~Kuroko Tetsuya's Residence

~Miya's POV

"And that's the end of the Teiko's women basketball club. It's sad isn't it..." I looked down in frustration.

Tetsu-nii sipped tea from the cup and said, "So in the end, they blamed themselves for losing."

"Eh? I thought you would say that it was the head coach's fault?"

"Partly, yes. But the thing that bothered me is the blaming part." Tetsu-nii commented.

"What do you mean?" I wondered as I pour another tea in my cup.

"In basketball, you're a team. Blaming yourself for losing is not the right reasoning. Every one of them has strengths and weaknessess. They should cover the holes of one's weakness through their strengths. That is how a team works. That is how I understand team spirit."

"As expected from a person who has a national experience!" My eyes gleammed in amusement.

Tetsu-nii placed his teacup on the table. He rested his cheek on his hand and asked, "So what are you going to do, Miya-chan?"

I was taken aback by his question. The tea that I was drinking blocked my throat. "I-it's obvious what I will do! I'll just join the writing club then!" I wiped my mouth to remove the tea.

"Is that so? But the Miya-chan that I know doesn't give up easily," He picked up the tea set and placed it in the tray. He then stood up and stopped at the doorway. He then faced me and said, "Right?" He smiled and winked at me.

I froze in my seat at what he said. He's right. Kuroko Miya doesn't easily give up. Why haven't I realized this in the first place? Tetsu-nii really knows me well.

After my realization, I immediately stormed out of Tetsu-nii's room and went to the kitchen. I saw him there washing the dishes, his back facing me. I was about to speak but he intercepted me.

"There's no time to waste, Miya-chan. You know what to do." He didn't face me but I can imagine what he's face like.

"Arigato, Tetsu-nii!" As I went outside running, I picked up my phone and called the most annoying person that I know.

"Moshi moshi. Meet me at the park now. Don't ask. Bye." I hanged up withou tgiving her a chance to speak.

------------------------

"Are you out of your mind?!" Kazuha-chan stood up from the swing, her face shocked from what she had heard.

I sighed as I look up to her. "I'm doing you a favor here, can't you see?"

Silence overwhelmed for a moment. She then sat again at the swing and started swinging herself.

"How much do you love basketball, Kazuha-chan?" She stopped from swinging after asking her.

"At first, I was skeptical about joining the team. But as I play it more and more, I began to love it." She answered calmly.

I stood up and held my knees to face her. "Then why are you being so negative about my plan?"

"Because it WON'T work! We've been through this emotional turmoil. I want to go back playing but I don't know about the others. If you ask them, they might punch you in the face." Her voice was hoarse while explaining.

I straighten up and faced my back to her."I never knew you were this coward, Kazuha. Message me the names and section of your past team mates and I'll handle this by myself." I coldy stated.

I was about to exit the park when Kazuha-chan shouted, "Why are you doing this?!" I faced her and saw tears racing down her cheeks.

"Because I love basketball." I smiled and hastened my way home and sat on my study table.

My phone vibrated and saw list of names in the message. It was sent by Kazuha-chan. I smiled a little and got myself a paper to write my 'love letter' to be sent to the ex-members of the women's basketball club.

After finishing the letters, I picked up my phone and called Tetsu-nii. Hope he's still awake.

"Moshi moshi. Tetsu-nii? Can I borrow something? I need it for my plan tomorrow."

----------------------------------------

Never give up, Miya-chan! :D

What's she planning to do?

Wait for the next chapter! :)

Pls comment!! I want to hear your thoughts about this fanfic! Tnx! :D