Chapter 11: Home

~Shinichi's POV
Midorima's Residence

"Oka-san, my friends are coming over here tomorrow. We will be using the music room so I'm going to arrange it later." I remembered asking her as I help her cook in the kitchen. I was chopping vegetables for salad.

After saying those words, I heard a loud thud coming from behind. I looked back and saw the floor filled with uncooked rice. I glance up and saw my mom with a surprised expression on her face. She was about to say something when I heard the doorbell ring.

"That must be aniki. I'll get it. Clean the floor mom, before someone slips." I hung my apron and rushed towards the door.

"Tadaima.." My brother said lazily, holding a horse wooden miniature statue. He must be tired again from practice.

"Okairi." I greeted him back, "I already prepared the bath, for I know that you are tired from practicing basketball."

"Hm!" And so he snobbed me again.. Is this what Rinoka-chan's telling me about tsundere? "What was that loud sound awhile ago?" He queried, looking at me again. I tried not to laugh from his 'nanodayo' accent. I don't know where he got that but I'm pretty sure it's not from our family.

Then we heard a running footsteps towards us. It was mom, who still has the surpised expression at the kitchen. Did I say something foul? Aniki and I looked at each other. I shrugged not knowing the reason for her shockness.

"F-friends? C-coming over? My low-confident daughter finally has some friends coming over!" She then hug me tight to the point that I can't breath anymore. I tapped her back signalling my difficulty, but with no avail.

"Oka-san, you're killing her." My brother finally commented. I thanked him inside my mind.

"They're just from my basketball team. We'll be talking about our plans for the second club fare."

"Eh?!" Both of them reacted. I used my enegry to maintain my composure because I know what will happen next.

"Why didn't you tell me that you joined a club?! I'm your mother!

"What's this about, Shinichi?!"

"Since when did you join?!"

"Are you out of your mind?! And why Teiko basketball team?! You knew what happened to me there, right?!

They kept bombarding me with questions so I was all fed up. I held my hands to my ears and said, "I'll answer all your questions after dinner, 'kay? And one question at a time."

I stormed out the hallway and went back to the kitchen. As I continue my work, I am thinking of all the possible questions they will ask and my answers to them. Hope this will end well.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Is that the last question?" I exhaled deeply. Those questions went flying from left to right and it was exhausting.

"This would be the last, Shinichi." My father finally asked a question. My mom and brother looked at him with a surpised face. He was just listening to our conversation while working on his laptop.

"Ask away."

"Are you having fun?" Of all the questions that was asked, this was the most intriguing to answer. That was when I remembered all of my moments with the team. Practicing and winning together, it was the best feeling I had in my life.

"Yes. I'm happy with them." I smiled genuinely.

Then I remebered something. My smile disappeared and my brows furrowed.