Chapter 17: Meeting the Airhead Guy

"Ne, Tetsu-nii. I really wanted to ask you something but I don't know where to start.... I wish I was wrong with this..."

I took the chance to ask him about this. My classmates are infront while me and Tetsu-nii are following them behind. Maybe our low presence also helped us..

"What is it about?" Tetsu-nii's face suddenly became serious. He may have sensed my tone of speech.

"About the tall guy in your team. That airhead guy?"

"You mean Kiyoshi-senpai? What about him?"

"His left knee?"

He smiled a bit and said, "Of course you saw it. You see..."

"He got injured last year from a game between seirin and kirisaki daichi, right?" I didn't let him finish his sentence. He was obviously shocked simply because I know about Kiyoshi-san's knee injury.

"Eh? How did you know?"

"Well..."

~FLASHBACK (1 YEAR AGO)

"Do it again! Do it again!" The kids started to pull my pants.

These kids are my mother's patient here in Tokyo Hospital. On sundays, I always go to my mom's work to cheer up the kids by entertaining them with magic. 

"Again? Why would I repeat a magic if I can show you something new?" As I spoke, I lift my top hat from my head and while they are pulling me, bubbles started to fall down from my hat.

"Sugoi!!!"

"The bubbles are falling like rain!!"

"So beatiful!"

I smiled while looking at them. They are really cute!!

"Kids! Your parents are here!" My mom spoke from behind me.

"Eh?!! But.." They looked at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"Don't worry kids, I'll be back on your next session. If you guys improve next week, I'll show you more magic!"

The kids' eyes suddenly brighten up and hugged me from their wheel chairs. I smiled and bid them goodbye.

I was on my way to the restroom to change into my casual clothes when suddenly, I bump into someone.

"Gomenasai!!" I looked down and saw a guy in a wheel chair.

"Ah, its okay. Its my fault anyway 'cause I can't maneuver this thing. I don't know why but this wheel chair is really hard to move the wheels." He was moving the wheels but he's obviously having a hard time. I observed his chair for a second and saw something stupid.

"It's because of this..." I kneeled down and released the breaks on the wheel chair. How can he be this stupid? Seriously, how long is he riding it like this?

"Wow! You're really a magician!" He's grinned while trying to move his chair.

I stood up and said, "Ah its not magic, actually."

"But you're a magician right?!" His expression.. Is he a kid or something?

"Yeah.. But really, I just released the breaks."