Chapter 6: Hawk Eye

A/N
Classes will be starting soon... T.T I'll try my best to update every week!! FIGHT to me!! :D
--------------------------------

"Naniiii?!" My voice suddenly volumed up. I felt eyes gazed on me but my face was hardened in shock.

"Oi! What's with the reaction? Everybody is staring at us!" Kazuha-chan shook my shoulders.

"Why are you shouting, Takao-san?" Kanda-sensei asked with a worried face.

"It wasn't me, Kanda-sensei. It was her!" Kazuha-chan pointed at me.

Then I heard whispers from my classmates and the senpais

"Eh? Who's she?"

"I've never seen her before..."

"I just came sensei. I went to the toilet a while ago." I lied and I know this would work.

"Mi-chan!" Kazuha-chan pouted at me with her puppy dog eyes. But I just showed her my expressionless face. This is just my revenge for calling me Mi-chan.

When Kanda-sensei finished talking with the teacher, we travelled to the other building. Kanda-sensei is still looking at the map but she's now less confused. After a few minutes, we arrived at our classroom. Sensei instructed us to choose seats of our own because it's still the first day. For me, I want a seat where I could get a peace of mind even if I'm inside the classrom. In short, I chose the seat at the back next to a window. My seat has a nice view, overlooking the school garden. This is the perfect seat I may say but...

"Mi-chan!!!" I was startled by Kazuha-chan's voice. "So you're sitting there? Then I should take this sit!" She took the seat at my right. You've gotta be kidding me...

"Kazuha-chan, I chose this seat to have a peace of mind. Now that you're sitting right next to me, it would be impossibe." I looked at her seriously.

"Eh? We're friends right? This shouldn't be a problem." She flashed a smile at me.

"Haaahh... I guess I don't have a choice. Even if I tell you to leave you wouldn't, right?" I surrendered half-heartedly.

"BINGO!" Her face then switched into a serious one. "About a while ago, why are you shocked when I said that the basketball club will be shut down?"

"Last but not the least, the girl with the red headband! Please introduce yourself!" Kanda-sensei announced. Because she's a new teacher, she wants us to do an introduction.

"Eh? Me? Last? But.." Kazuha-chan looked at me with a confused face but I instinctively averted my gaze to the window. So I will skip another introduction then..

"Takao Kazuha desu. Yoroshikun!" She held out a peace sign.

"Now that the introductions are done, we shall procede to the next to-do thing on the first day." Sensei took out a bunch of papers and distributed it to us. "Those are club forms. You'll be choosing a club that you want. You can join two clubs provided that one is a major and one is a minor. At the back of the form are the clubs you can choose from. You have one week to decide. The clubs will be holding a recruiting event so you can pass the forms to them directly. Please choose your heart's desire." Sensei explained this to us while distributing the papers but....

I raised my arms in the air when she was about to go back infront. "Anoo... Kanda- sensei. You forgot about me."

"Ah? Eh?! You weren't there a while ago!" Her eyes widen in shock.

"I didn't notice her there!"

"Me too."

I stood up and introduced myself to lessen the whispering I hear. "Kuroko Miya desu. Yoroshikun onegaishimasu."

"Then here, Kuroko-san." She handed me a form.

"Arigato." I then took my seat and skim through the form. I saw the Writing club in the minor clubs but the women's basketball club isn't here.

"This day is weird, isn't it. Why are they startled by you?" Kazuha-chan teasingly wondered.

"The weird one is you, Kazuha-chan." I stared at her from top to bottom.

"Eh? Me?" She pointed at herself.

I rested my cheek on my hand. "I have a weak presence so how can you notice me?"

"So that's why!" She said enthusiastically. "I have sharp eyes you see. I can see through my blind spots. My team mates called this hawk eye!"

Hawk eye? I think I heard that from Tetsu-nii... Nevermind..

"Team mates? You mean fron the basketball club?"

"Yeah! But.." Her face suddenly became gloomy. "It's now over. Everything."

"Actually, I was planning to join the basketball club but when I heard this news from you..."

"Really?!" Her face lit up. "But that made me more depressed..." Back to the gloomy face again.

"Then why don't you tell me what happened? Maybe we can do something about it." I can't just relax about this.

"Well, I think there is something we can do but I can tell you what happened. The problem started after the Inter-high competiton..."

"Okay! Let's start voting for the class representatives!"

"Ah!" I sat properly on my seat.

"Let's just continue our talk on lunchtime." Kazuha-chan suggested. I nod to her in agreement.

----------------------------------------

ORIGIN STORY TIME IS NEXT!!!

What did really happen to Teiko's Women Basketball Club?

Find out in the long next chapter!!

KAGAMI: SO TODAY'S MIYA-CHAN'S FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL?

KUROKO: HAI. I WONDER WHAT SHE IS DOING NOW? MAYBE I SHOULD CALL HER. *RING RING RING*

MIYA: MOSHI MOSHI? AH! TETSU-NII! WHY DID YOU CALL?

KUROKO: I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU'RE DOING THERE?

MIYA: I'M FINE BUT THERE IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW. I'LL TELL YOU THE WHOLE STORY LA-- KYAAA!! *BOOM!*

KUROKO: WHAT WAS THAT, MIYA-CHAN?!

MIYA: AH! GOMEN KAZUHA-CHAN! WHENEVER SOMEONE SURPRISES ME INTENTIONALLY, I INSTINCTIVELY USE MY AIKIDO SKILLS. SO DON'T DO THAT AGAIN. TETSU-NII, I'LL BE GOING. BYE!

*SHUT*

KAGAMI: YOUR COUSIN IS SOMETHING..

KUROKO: I AGREE. THAT GIRL WILL BE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH HER.

>CONVERSATION ENDS<