Chapter 9: Challenge Accepted

~Teiko's 3rd gym, 4:45pm

3rd person POV

"Oi, kyojin[1]! What's the meaning of this letter?!" A girl with a blonde, side braided hair angrily asked while flashing a paper in the purplette's face.

"Etooo.. I was also going to ask you the same thing, Riyoka-chin. Because of this letter, I have to fix my schedule unexpectedly.." Her hands are in a surrender position. The tall girl then showed her a planner. There a several x-marks in the planner that made Riyoka convinced by her alibi.

"Onee-chan[2], please calm yourself. Whoever sent this letter is really desperate in reviving this club. The letter was well made by the way. It lit a fire in my heart." The girl with a blonde, pixie hair commented.

"I agree on the last part, Rinoka-chan." Riyoka nodded.

Riyoka impatiently walked around the gymnasium while the purplette keeps looking at her pocket watch. Rinoka leaned on a wall near the door while playing PSP. This only proves one thing --- all of them wants to know the sender of the letter.

While they were silently waiting, a greenette girl entered the gym. "Anoooo... What's this about?" She shyly asked.

Riyoka crossed her arms and said, "So Shinichi is not the sender of this letter.. That leaves us only to.."

"Kazu-chin.." Atari sadly interrupted. "Why would she do this?"

"We will find out soon enough." Rinoka stated, still playing her PSP.

At exactly 5pm, a girl wearing a Teiko jersey entered the gym. She was carrying a ball and a bag on her shoulder. But the girls are busy arguing that they didn't notice someone entering.

"A-ano..." The blue haired girl half-raised her hand to get their attention.

"!!!!!" Everyone jumped in shocked.

"Uhh.. Who's that?" Atari asked Riyoka while pointing her index finger at the mysterious girl.

Rinoka dropped her PSP and slowly approached the girl and wondered, "When did we have a no.15 jersey in our club? More importantly, she has no presence."

The unknown girl bowed and introduced herself. "I'm Kuroko Miya, section 1-C. Yoroshikun onegaishimasu! I came here to give my club form. Please accept me!"

"Anoo.. B-but the b-basketball club is c-closed already.." Shinichi stuttered.

"Oi, are you messing with us?!" Riyoka rushed towards Miya and lifted her collar. "You even have the guts to challenge us!"

Miya didn't even flinched but rather said, "I'm a pushy person. If you don't want me to annoy you everytime, the only choice you have is to accept the challenge. If you win, I will no longer ask you about the club but if I win, the women's basketball club must return to Teiko. Ready for a one-on-one?"

"Sounds good to me." Atari calmly commented while nodding her head.

"Oi!" Riyoka suddenly released Kuroko. Fortuntely, she landed safely on her feet.

Miya then explained the rules. The challenge will be a one-on-one. Each of them will participate. Every quarter will consist of 5 mins. They will be using a half court for this. The team having the highest point wins.

-First Match: Midorima Shinichi vs. Kuroko Miya

The jump ball was performed by Atari. Even though Shinichi was taller, Miya still got the hold of the ball. It's not because Miya can jump higher, but rather Shinichi had her eyes closed while jumping.