Clary meets Little Alec and some bonus Clizzy

It has been over 3 weeks since the last time Alec had aged down. Maryse had to return to Idris rather abruptly and Alec had to return to his post immediately. The Head of the Institute has been swamped with paperwork, missions, patrols, and dealing with the new young recruits. He knows that he's really pushing his limits, especially since he hasn't slept much the past 3 days, but he's not in a position where he could take a break just yet. He groans when he hears a knock on the door.
"Come in." Izzy walks in with some food that she picked up for him and sits on the edge of his desk, placing the bag from Taki's beside her. "You need to eat. Take a break for a few minutes an-" "I can't Izzy I have too much to do." "Alec please you need to rest we're all worried about you..." "Let me finish these reports and I'll take a break okay? It's not too much and I can get it done fast." He puts his tablet down for a moment and takes both of his sister's hands in his calloused ones. "There's no need to worry about me Iz. I'm fine okay?" She nods and leans down to kiss his forehead. She takes back one of her hands and uses it to pet his hair gently. "I just can't help but worry you know? Magnus too. We love you and want you healthy." He smiles at his younger sister in attempts to reassure her. "I appreciate that, but there's no need to. I'm fine and once these get done, I'll eat and relax okay?" Izzy nods once more and gets off of his desk. He stands up to pull her into a tight hug. "I love you Iz, thanks for caring." "I love you too, mí hermano." Once he lets go, she leaves the room. Once his door is closed, he gets back to work. He hates not being completely honest with Izzy but if he had told her about his feelings of needing to slip, she would have forced him to stop working and go home. He tries to focus on his work, nibbling on the food he was brought at the same time. He can feel the familiar haze coming through but fights it immediately, not able to afford that at this time. He gets through the majority of the reports he was working on before he loses his control, falling hard into his headspace.
Clary approaches Alec's office, needing to ask him a couple things regarding a mission she's supposed to go on with Raj, but freezes before she knocks. She listens through the door and, as she suspected, she hears someone crying. Who's crying in Alec's office? Is it him? Is he alright? Questions flood her mind as she opens the door against her better judgement. She searches the room, unable to immediately see anyone. She walks in, shutting the door carefully behind her. She hears another sob and looks around again, this time, noticing the boot sticking out from under Alec's desk. She approaches slowly.
"Hello?" He flinches, not knowing someone was here. Clary gets closer. "Alec? Is that you?" "G-go 'way..." Clary is confused by the sudden childish tone coming from the primarily stoic shadowhunter. She gets closer to him so that way she can see his face and her heart breaks as she kneels down to his level. He's sitting on the floor, knees to his chest, pants wet, biting his fingers on his right hand, and crying. She meets his eyes and smiles gently at him, in hopes of him letting her calm him down.
"Hey Alec, you okay? What happened?" She speaks to him in a soft tone. He shakes his head, hiding his face. She sighs and tries to think. "Want me to get Izzy or Jace or Magnus? Anything I can do?" He mumbles something but it's hard for her to understand. She's confused since she thought she heard something about 'papa' but knows he doesn't get along with Robert and calls him father. "I didn't hear you what did you say?" "Don call anone... they get mad at me... I bad..." Clary's confusion grows at the way Alec childishly slurs his speech, she can tell that his thumb is in his mouth without seeing his face. She doesn't understand what's going on but attempts a different approach.
"No one will be mad at you. I'm sure everyone will be worried that you're upset though. Want me to get someone?" She feels strange speaking to him in a tone of voice she would usually use with a toddler, but felt appropriate due to his behavior. He stops hiding his face and Clary was right, the thumb on his right hand was between his lips and it looked like... wait is he sucking on his thumb? That's when she gets a better look at him and notices that his pants are wet in the crotch, she thought it was just the lighting or something making it look darker but she sees that his office chair is wet on the seat and put two and two together. She instantly feels terrible for him, reaching out a hand to gently pet his hair. When he doesn't flinch, she takes it as a good sign and strokes softly. He seems to be calming down from that action, tears stop flowing but sobs still escape him. She smiles at him.
"You're okay Alec it's alright... Want me to go get you clean and dry clothes? That can't be comfy huh?" He shakes his head but uses his left hand to grab Clary's wrist, not wanting to be alone. "P'ease stay... M'scared..." She nods and sits in a way to show him that she means no harm, that she's here for him. He uncurls and crawls out a little, placing his head on her thigh and looking up at her. She smiles at him and pets his hair again. She grabs her phone to text Izzy as he starts to close his eyes.

CF: Hey does Alec have any clothes still at the Institute that you could bring him? Also, can you maybe explain to me what's going on?

Izzy gets the message and freezes, immediately assuming that she's met little Alec. She grabs pants, underwear, and socks from Alec's room, not knowing how much got where, and practically runs to his office. What she sees when she opens the door warms her heart.
Clary is sitting on the floor with Alec's head on her chest. She has one hand running through his hair and the other Alec is playing with, moving her fingers around in random patterns. His other hand is supplying his mouth with his thumb. He looks tired and like he's taking comfort from Clary being with him. She notices Izzy and smiles down at her.
"Help him out while I keep him calm?" Izzy nods, wiping a tear away from her eye before Clary sees it. Alec smiles at Isabelle when he sees her and straightens his legs out, knowing that she's here to help him. She smiles sweetly and rubs his outer thigh.
"Hi sweetie. What happened? I thought I told you to take a break." "M'sorry Iz... I no listen and was bad..." "No you're not bad honey you just made a not smart choice it's okay. How about I help clean you up and I call papa to come get you?" "But I has work I can no leave..." "Jace and I can take care of it." The entire time they've been talking, Izzy has been changing Alec's clothes. Clary watches the interaction with interest and continues to stroke his hair, only looking away when Izzy changes Alec's underwear and wonders if she means Magnus when Izzy said 'papa'. Once he's fully dressed, he seems to be starting to fall asleep. Clary adjusts her grip on Alec where he can fall asleep comfortably but her be comfortable as well. Izzy looks at Clary, wondering what she's thinking.
"That night... That you said you didn't want me there due to Alec's nightmare... Was it actually because of this?" Izzy nods. "I'm sorry for not being completely honest with you... Alec just didn't want anyone outside of Jace and I knowing." Clary nods in understanding. "Call Magnus, I'm sure that when this cute little guy wakes up he's gonna want his papa." Izzy is shocked by how calm Clary is about this. Before giving it a second thought, Izzy kisses Clary on the lips, minding her brother. "And what was that for?" "I just love you sometimes." "Well, Miss Isabelle Lightwood, I love you all the time." Both girls laugh as Izzy texts Magnus, who responds saying he'll be a while given that he's with a client. Izzy sighs and tries to get ahold of Jace. He comes to carry Alec to his room, but Alec turns and clings to Clary, refusing to let her go. With a combined effort, they get Alec to Clary's room since there was no one near her door and it was a safer bet if someone tried to find him. Clary lets him cuddle her as he sleeps, playing with his hair constantly. He woke up after a little while, but in his big headspace. He notices that he's not in his room and, to an embarrassing extent, not fully on the bed. He sees that his head wasn't on pillows, but on Clary's breasts, and that his arms were wrapped around her torso. She notices he's awake and continues to stroke his hair.
"Hey Alec, was that a nice nap? I hope that was a restful two hours." He looks at her, face bright red. "Ah you aged up. Need me to fill you in on what happened?" He nods hesitantly, still not letting go of Clary because he needs the comfort. Clary smiles and tells him every detail. He's mortified about how he acted and starts to frantically get away from Clary. She grabs his wrist to keep him from falling off the bed.
"Hey hey hey relax! It's okay Alec breathe okay?" He starts to apologize excessively before she puts a hand over his mouth. "Stop apologizing! It's okay Alec. I actually thought it was pretty cute and, if I can, I would like to help out again sometime." She smiles reassuringly at him. He sighs and lies down beside Clary. He starts to fall asleep again, turning to make her chest his pillow again. She pets his hair as he starts to fall asleep again. He mumbles something before he falls asleep.
"Thank you Clary."