2 Months In

Alec hasn't really been waking up early in the past four months so when he actually does, it feels weird. He gets out of bed and walks towards the nursery, needing to change his diaper and now he's allowed to. He hears Lydia in the bathroom, violently throwing up. He knocks on the door. "Lydia? Are you okay?" "Yeah I'm *vomits* just give me a few minutes." She wipes her mouth and opens the door a bit. "Need something?" She tries to be positive. "Are you okay?" "I'm fine! It's just morning sickness. Since I got pregnant I've been throwing up a lot in the mornings and occasionally throughout the day. It's normal Alec don't worry." He looks concerned but nods. "Need anything?" "Maybe-" She pauses, putting a hand over her mouth. After a deep breath she looks at him. "Can you get me some water?" "Yeah no problem." She nods then closes the door as he walks away, throwing up again. Alec can't help but be worried about Lydia. He gets her the water she asked for and goes over to the bathroom again. He knocks and Lydia opens the door, flushing the toilet before Alec sees. She takes a couple vitamins and drinks the water. "Thank you, Alec. Wanna help with breakfast? Magnus has a packed schedule and I figure that would be nice for him." Alec nods and walks with Lydia to the nursery first because she knew he needed help.
Magnus wakes up to an empty bed and is confused. "Alexander?" "Kitchen!" After Alec got changed, he went with Lydia to the kitchen to cook breakfast. Magnus walks in and smiles at Lydia cooking. Alec hands him a mug of tea and kisses him. "Good morning." "Good morning to you too, Alexander. How's your morning sickness, Lydia?" "Starting to lighten up a bit more." "Hey Mags? Do you think you can get her something to help with the nausea?" "I had already offered her something." Alec raises an eyebrow. "Alec, thank you for the concern. I'm alright though, really." She hugs him and goes back to cooking, drinking some weird smoothie at the same time. She serves everyone their food and starts eating.
After breakfast, Alec and Lydia get ready to head into the Institute since they have a meeting. Magnus doesn't portal them, in fear of it negatively affecting the baby. They use speed runes to rush to the Institute. Once they enter, Izzy hugs her and subtly places on her belly. "How's the baby?" "Cleaning Lydia out every morning violently." Izzy's eyes bug out of her head. "Morning sickness. I'm fine." Izzy relaxes and guide them to the meeting room.
An hour and a half later, Lydia starts to feel sick and rubs her belly under the table. A shadowhunter notices. "Ms. Branwell? Are you alright?" "M fine..." Alec leans closer to her. "Need to step out?" "It'll pass, Alec." "Ms. Branwell. Is there something going on?" A Clave representative, sadly Robert, speaks up. "No sir." She isn't ready for the Clave to know about her pregnancy. She drinks water and starts discussing the next point. After the meeting finishes a half hour later, Lydia walks out relaxed and heads to Alec's old room. She throws up in his bathroom and flinches when a hand touches her back. She turns to see Jace. "You good?" "The baby requested an immediate evacuation of what I ate this morning. I'm alright don't worry." Jace helps her stand and rubs her back a bit. "Need help getting back to the loft?" "I got her." Alec walks in and smiles sadly. "You okay?" She nods and rubs her temples. "Seven more months." The boys wince and Alec takes Lydia home.
Once they enter the loft, Lydia heads back to her room. She feels like a burden. There's a knock on her door. "Come in!" Alec walks in, looking fidgety. "Is something wrong?" "Um... Magnus isn't home and I feel like I'm slipping... Seeing da-Robert today made me super anxious and I don't know how long I can stay big..." Lydia pats down on the bed beside her. "Go ahead and age down, sweetie. Mama can still take care of you." She smiles sweetly and sees an instant drop as he climbs into her bed with her. He hugs her and buries his face in her neck. "Mama... He scares me..." "Oh poor thing... How old are you right now?" He holds up three fingers and Lydia runs a hand through his hair. "Three? Okay. Wanna go watch a cartoon and not think about the scary man?" Alec nods and goes to the living room, Lydia trailing behind him. She sits on the couch and lets him cuddle her.
Magnus comes home twenty minutes later to a sleepy Little and a tired looking Lydia holding him. "How are my loves?" "Robert was there today so Alec needed cuddle time. He's three right now." Lydia whispered to Magnus so that Alec didn't hear. He nods in understanding and sits beside Lydia, letting her head rest on his shoulder. "When should we tell him about his new brother or sister?" She shrugs. "I think we can wait a bit longer. It's not like I'm showing yet. Maybe when I'm in the second trimester since it will be harder to play off that I'm just tired." When Alec is in little space, he has no idea about Lydia's pregnancy. Magnus and Lydia have no idea how or when they'll tell him, but today is not that day. Magnus uses his magic to summon some water for her and she continues to pet Alec's head as she drinks. They decide to spend the rest of the night in, enjoying the relaxation while they can.