Alec has a Nightmare

Alec wakes up about two and a half hours later, he had a horrible nightmare. He sees the light from a nightlight on the other side of the room and tries to relax his breathing a bit. He woke up little and can't calm down properly. He notices something immediately: Papa left him alone. Papa never leaves him alone. That terrifies him even more. The nightlight isn't bright enough for him to see anything. His nightmare happened somewhere very dark so he's even more scared. He calls for his papa quietly, and panics when he gets no response. First he wakes up from a super scary nightmare, then he wakes up little, then he notices he's in a strange dark place. His papa not being there pushes him over the edge and he starts crying in fear.
Magnus doesn't hear the initial call of his title given that he's working on something and Alec faced away from the baby monitor with the new thick blanket in his face. As soon as Alec starts crying; however, he leaps into action. He drops his translations and runs to Alec's room. He turns the light on and rushes over to the crib, dropping the side to gain access to Alec. Magnus can see the fear in his baby's eyes when he sees his face. Alec reaches out to him and Magnus pulls him into his lap. Alec cries harder, slightly in relief. Magnus starts rubbing his back and kissing his forehead, trying to help him recover from the initial shock. He positions the crying little in his arms so as he stands, he's still holding him close. Magnus walks around the pastel colored room, bouncing Alec and rubbing his back. "Shhh Alexander you're alright. It's okay darling Papa's here honey." Magnus keeps his voice gentle, hoping it helps the crying quiet down. Alec's cries begin to subside and go from hysterical wails to quiet sobs and sad hiccups. Magnus continues to comfort Alec until he knows he's relaxed more. After another two minutes, Magnus walking into the living room with Alec and puts him in his lap.
"What happened, honey?" "Scawy dweam... Too dawk... No know rwoom... Papa leave me 'lone..." Magnus can hear his own heart breaking at those muffled and slurred words. He holds Alec close to him and pets his hair. "I am so sorry, angel. I'll get a brighter nightlight, we can spend more time in that room so that you do know it, and papa will stay by your side, okay? Papa's very super sorry that his baby had a scary dream and he wasn't there." Alec nods against Magnus's chest, but doesn't say a word. Magnus picks him up again and takes him back to his nursery. He used his magic to have a changing mat and everything he needs ready to help this go faster. Magnus starts to lie him down on the mat and Alec squirms, clinging to him.
"Alexander it's alright. I'm just going to change your diaper, because I'm sure that yours right now feels icky, and then we can be together the rest of the evening. You'll need another bottle soon too." Alec lets him put him down and doesn't fight his papa, really wanting to be held sooner. Magnus changes his diaper quickly, not ignoring that there was a little something there other than it's usual wetness, and pulls the baby shadowhunter into his arms. He decides to monitor Alec as well, trying to see how his nightmare has left him other than the extra and tiny mess. Magnus places Alec on his hip, making his bottle quickly. He takes Alec into his office with him, arranging a playpen near his desk but keeping Alec in his arms for now. He sits in his chair and starts feeding Alec, cradling him close as he reads the work he's translating again. Magnus has fallen behind with his clients but wouldn't change the circumstances for anything.
He hears a knock on his front door and decides to let them in magically. Luke and Simon came back, curious to know more about Alec and to hopefully give Magnus a break as well. Simon coos at the sight as Luke ruffles Alec's hair a bit.
"And how's our favorite little angel doing?" "Not as well as I would hope I'm afraid." "Why? Is he okay?" Simon approaches them, very concerned. "He had a horrible nightmare, and I'm pretty sure waking up from one of those in a nearly pitch black room you don't know alone, is traumatizing to a baby." They nod in understanding and Luke pets his hair gently as he finishes his bottle. Simon starts looking at Alec's toys, finding them adorable. He gets so distracted by the brightly colored cloth cube that makes sound that he can't hear Luke calling his name then laughing at him.
"Simon!" "Huh?" Magnus and Luke laugh. "I was asking if you wanted to help me watch him so that Magnus can work for a little while." "Sure okay. But I don't do diapers." Luke shakes his head, smiling. "Oh you will this time kid." Luke takes Alec into his arms and holds him close. He looks at Magnus. "He only wets those things right? I'd rather be prepared than surprised." "As far as I can tell. Though when I changed him around ten to fifteen minutes ago it wasn't only wet." Magnus hasn't even looked up from the ancient text since Luke asked Simon. The daylighter follows the little and the werewolf into the nursery, hoping that they can occupy Alec long enough for Magnus to catch up at least a little.