Beast Awoken

I haven't been feeling like myself lately somehow I felt super charged. Even more so on the full moon. Kinda cliche. But I shove these feelings to the back of my head.

"Your telling me you left that traitorous son of a bitch unguarded?" I bursted out angrily.

"I wouldn't say we left him unguarded,'' Jake said.

I kept quiet for the the rest of the time wondering when will we find a next base or will we be safe.

"I know a place," Nick said suddenly, clamping a hand on my shoulder.

"Where? Does it have a shower? Does it have nice food or furniture?" Jean questioned with enthusiasm.

"You'll see when we get there," Nick said and zoned out.

Not far from where we were someone was in the trees watching us.

"Be safe Nick. I wanted to see you once again ,but on much nicer circumstances," Sarah said suddenly appearing then disappeared just as quickly.

What the hell? Nick thought feeling all hot and bubbly inside. What is wrong with me. A vamp chick could make me feel this way? Hmph.

After a time we came upon a high wall we spent hours searching for an opening in the wall.

"Hey guys! I found an entrance get over here!" Mike shouted waving wildly.

We quickly raced over to where he was. Once we went through the crack in the wall. We feasted our eyes on a brick wall mansion.

"What's this place?" Jean asked walking forward.

"Well this place have not change since the last time we've been here, this is where we grew up" I replied.

"What! You guys lived here?" Joe asked sounding amused.

"Yes once, but that changed," Nick spoke sadly.

We went inside and we quickly split up to find the bathrooms everything was in perfect condition. It was not long before everyone settled in. Sam and Jean were busy in the kitchen while the others were in the living room. I stepped outside for some air.

We shouldn't have come here not after what happened to our parents I thought wiping tears from my eyes.

Just that same moment Sam came to call me, she saw I was in tears.

"Hey what's wrong?" she asked concerned .

"It's nothing to worry about I'll be fine," I said removing my hands from my eyes.

"Jack you don't have to hide anything from me I'm always here when you need me so what's wrong?"

Before I could say another word Nick came and called us in. When we went inside the dining room, the table was laid out with the most exquisite food. My mouth watered as I looked at the food.I quickly took a seat near Sam and dug in we all finished eating in seconds.

"That hit the spot," Joe said patting his belly.

"I needed that I was starving," Wayne said leaning back in the chair.

"We all were you jackasses," I said angrily for some unknown reason.

"Calm down kid! What the fuck is your problem?" he asked putting a hand in front him.

I got up and stormed out of the room everyone watched as I left with concern.

"What's his problem?" Wayne asked with a don't care attitude.

"He just needs some alone time he'll be fine," Nick said.

I hope I'm right.

I went into the bathroom to calm down I rested my head against the mirror.