Trust

"So? This is the vampire, everyone's afraid of?" I asked looking at the vampire in front of us.

Shavanue appeared in front of me.

What! So fast I've never seen speed like this.

I thumped after him and he jumped back.

"Well your reflexes are good, but that won't save you," Shavanue said as he stepped forward.

He was blasted through the wall when a black beam shot out from behind us. We all stared in shock when we saw that it was Meera with her staff aimed at the wall. Shavanue broke through and his eyes glowed black.

"That won't keep him down for long so let's get out of here," she said before running off .

We followed behind her I kept looking back to see if Shavanue was following us.

"How the hell did he find you?" Sasha asked climbing up the ladder behind Meera.

"I don't know, because I casted a spell over every inch of this place. It could have only been broken by a powerful warlock or witch."

"Shit! No wonder they found you. Rafael captured a warlock they still have him captive," Sasha said.

"Your fucking with me! If they found you,what's stopping them from using this warlock to find us? We need to get back to the others now,"  Mike said walking out the door.

When we reached outside I stopped them.

"Wait! Meera is it?... Can you cause this house to tumble down on that oversized mosquito's head?" I asked looking at her.

She looked at the cottage and stretched her palm to it and mumble a few words the cottage started shaking and then collapsed. We didn't waste anymore time and ran off in the direction we came from.

"So where are you taking me?" Meera asked trying to keep up with us.

"You'll see when we get there and we might be able to hide our location with your help," Nick said stopping to wait on her.

"But my spell was broken at my base. What's preventing them from breaking it again when I cast it at your base? "she asked taking his outstretched hand then he pulled her up over a tree that had fallen in the path we took.

"You'll see when we get there " he said reassuringly.

"I didn't know we ventured so far from the others," Sebastian said shielding his eyes from the sun that shun through the leaves and branches of the forest tree's.

"Feeling lazy much, you just want to see your beloved Ma...." He clamped a hand over my mouth. He really shouldn't have done that.

I sunked my extended fangs into his hand.

"Aah! fuck! What's wrong you Jack?" he shouted as he held his hands.

"You washed your hands lately?" I asked spitting out his blood.

We were just about to tear at each others throats when we heard leaves rustling. We faced the direction, the rustling was coming from. An arrow shot between us and plunged itself in a tree. Two hunters rushed out.

Sebastian and I charged at them, when we saw them reaching for arrows in their quivers. I slammed my knee into the man's nose breaking it. Sebastian took the gentle approach with the woman. He used her bow to jab her in the face, knocking her out.

"No more delays. Let's get out of here," Nick said before telling Meera to get on his back.

I could see Sasha forcing herself to look away when Nick place his hand's under her leg. We sped off not looking back.

Mission accomplished I thought as the scent of the others got nearer.

"Honey, I'm home!" I shouted as we walked in.

Everyone one stormed downstairs. Sam leapt into my arms.

Maya approached us slowly. "Did you find her in time?"

I stepped away to let Meera through.

"What sort of black magic is this?" Meera asked.

Why didn't I think of that? Jack pondered.

"Who are you? Reveal yourself!" Meera screamed.

"I'm Maya and I am not a hoax. I was adopted after the war that killed my parents. I was raised by the High counsel."

"I am Meera, I too was adopted after a war that killed my parents. I was reared by vampires," Meera said stiffly.
Being raised by vampires made it hard to trust anybody. Not even if they had your face.

"Guys introductions later!" We need to seal away our hiding place now!" Nick barked.

At the look on Meera's face I said, "Please Meera and Maya if you don't mind. Don't pay attention to Nick, he's not a total idiot but parts of him are missing."

Meera smiled and Maya giggled.

The rest of the guys giggled. They shook their heads then set about to prepare for the great war.

Meera and Maya went to one side of the room they spoke and smiled. They both pointed the staffs at the ceiling, mumbled some gibberish then the room engulfed with black and white smoke.

"Now our location is sealed away,"Meera and Maya said.

"That's cute, both beautiful and powerful,"Sebastian said coming to retrieve Nick and me.

Maya blushed, " Thank you," the twins said then looked at each other and smile.

"Look, we'll talk later we have a war to gear up for," Meera said.

"No problem let's check out each others spells and see how we can make them more powerful," Maya said.

With that the girls dismissed themselves and went in the training room. Nick and Sasha went to talk out on the balcony.  I turned to leave but was stopped by Jake. Sebastian and Joe charged at me.

"Oh I totally forgot to kick your asses before I go," I said kicking Joe in the balls.

His eyes widen and he fell to the ground.

"Not cool! Jack so not cool," Sebastian said looking at Joe who was rolling on the ground in pain.

"What? The enemy uses any means necessary," I said with a grin. 

Sebastian planted his big boots in my ribs. I could feel them crack under the impact I grabbed my side. Sebastian didn't ease up on the assault. As he lifted me off the ground by the neck, I thumped him in his throat causing him to drop me and started coughing.

I pushed down on my side where he kicked me to set back the bone that was dislocated.

"Okay boys I think that's enough roughhousing for today," Jean said walking over to Joe.

Well that's new. Usually she would be all over me. Finally thank you God! That crazy ass woman is out of my life I thought.

After the adrenaline wore off and my wound healed I went to see what everyone else was up too. Its been a rough month for everybody in the gang. when will we have peace and quiet man.

It sure looked better than before with two witches and a vampire. I hope everybody is who they say they are and make use of their second chances for those who were granted it.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Read and please enjoy