Chapter10--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

So here it is.... even though it took foooorrrr evvvveeerrrr it's here. I'm sorry about that, by the way. I had a brattty little cousin come over and she was looking over my shoulder the whole time. She's eight and if I didn't give my full attention to playing with her she'd get all whiney and tell on me. Isn't that interesting?? Well, it really sucked. Anyways.... now that you got enough of my problems, you should know that this is chapter 10 and i really hope you loooveee it!! :D It's not the most exciting, but the next one will be, I promise :D

So..... Fan, Vote, Comment, ENJOY!!!!!!!!! I do this for you people. I mean, put it up here. Writing is where I escape and I only share it cause you want me to. So, I love you soooo much, but I must be on my way.

Farewell ☺,

--Kayce♥♥

Chapter 10--There's the top. And there's the bottom.

In the morning I jolted awake thinking about Bryce instead of Brandon, which was probably a healthier scenario than I'd had in the last how many months. The reason he was on my mind was because I'd had a dream. For whatever reason I was on a boat with Bryce and Brandon and we were talking and laughing when Brandon fell out and drowned. Bryce was just crying and I held him while he cried, but all of a sudden Bryce just disappeared. And that's when I woke up. There was way too much racing through my head for me to consider. In all the time that I'd known Bryce, which was since kindergarten, I'd never, ever seen him cry. Not once; and maybe that was the reason that the whole thing upset me so much. And loosing Brandon all over again was awful. Everything just came right back to me, just like when he'd died.

My mind raced back to our conversation on the phone, trying to put bad thoughts away. I still remembered how his voice had sounded just so depressed. It hurt me just to think about it. It wasn't hard to tell that he had it worse than me right now. After all, his whole family was still grieving so he was probably always in a generally depressed environment. My family was just like they'd always been except they never brought up Brandon or his family.

It was then that I realized that my alarm had never gone off. I glanced at the clock and realized that my alarm had never gone off. It was only 5:30 in the morning.

I sat up in bed realizing how I felt. I brushed my messy hair from my eyes and noticed that I'd also been sweating. A dream had never bothered me so much in all my sixteen years.

Feeling like a baby, I wriggled out of bed and tiptoed across the hall into Cassie's room. Once I was in I re-shut the door and shook her shoulder. "Cas. Cassie, wake up." I whispered loudly. She groaned and shoved a pillow on her face. "C'mon Cas." I pushed her to the far right of the queen-sized bed and climbed in on the right. It was something I hadn't done since I was about eight, but it still made me feel a lot better. Cassie would always climb in by me when something about her day made her sad and deep down I'd never minded it. We always got along okay until I hit puberty. You know what those things can do.

Laying there in bed thousands of thoughts came to me. I thought a little about everything. Most of it was just memories that I'd been blocking out about Brandon coming back to me. I remembered the good things and the bad things. Some of it was sappy stuff like our first kiss and another portion of it were things like me wishing I'd gotten to tell him things that I just didn't have enough time to fit in.

And then I thought about the $200 I'd just spent on snowmobile gear. My dad promised me a snowmobile for Christmas, but that was still a lot to take out of my savings for a dance that I didn't even want to go to. Mom chipped in another $200 and I'd managed to get more expensive gloves and a better helmet that had a paint splatter design on the side. My $200 bought the snowmobile suit, pants, and hand warmers that I could put in my pockets.