Chapter 22--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

I know it's a shortie, guys, and I'm also aware that I've failed to upload for what may seem like a century, but however, a true fan would stick me through to the end unlike the unfaithful jerk that unfanned me yesterday. Grrrrrrr! and Rawr! to whoever did that. You frustrate me and make morning suckish. How do you like them apples??? haha You guys are funnee!! :) Still love me?? Awww! I love you too! So adorable!

Soooooo....enjoy this okay??! Should be more up if I have time today!! <3 you sooooo very incredibly mucho grande!!

Guess what?? I'm in spanish class this year and i totally just learned how to read a clock!!

Aint that cool??

Oh yeah.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 22

When I woke up on Saturday I only woke up because of a sudden vibrating on my butt. The vibrating was caused by the cell phone that I'd accidentally left in the pocket of the jeans that I'd accidentally left on when I fell asleep. For a while I shrugged off the vibrating and it eventually went away, but whoever was calling must've found it important that I answered because they called back. I drowsily sat up and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I yawned into the phone, not really caring who was on the other end.

"You're asleep at one o'clock in the afternoon?" a familiar voice asked critically.

I was so tired I couldn't register anything. "Um...yeah." I yawned again before I rubbed my eyes. I was starting to realize what was going on when something confusing was said into my ear that made me lose everything I ever understood.

"Well, get up. We're coming to get you in fifteen minutes."

"What?! Who is this?!"

"Derek..." he told me.

"Oh." I replied dumbly. "Who gave you my phone number?" I asked, confused. Really, where did he get it from?

"Um, well, Amanda has Cassie's number so she called Cassie and got your number and then she called Charity who told me and then I called you."

"Oh." I said again. I yawned one more time before I got up.

"Are you up yet?"

"Yeah." I told him unenthusiastically.

"Awesome. Throw something on cause we'll be there to get you in about ten minutes. We're on our way."

"What are you talking about, Derek?" When people woke me up I usually wound up in a generally bad mood.

"Louie wanted to take Charity on a date, but he wanted a wing man and somehow I got dragged into it, so now I'm dragging you into it with me." Derek said simply.

"You are, are you?" I challenged.

"Yes, yes I am." Derek told me matter-of-factly. "We're going to see some dumb chick-flick at the movies for two o'clock and then we're going to some overrated restaurant for lunch. And somewhere in there we're also supposed to fit in shopping at the mall, but I'm sure that's not going to happen."

"And you really think you're going to get me to come along?"

"I know I will."

God, he was cocky.

I glanced down at myself. I was pathetic and my hair was in a mess. Yesterday's clothes were still on because I fell asleep texting on my phone. I hadn't done my makeup all week and, really, I couldn't go anywhere in public like this. There was no way I could fix my little problem in ten minutes.