Chapter 20--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

Heyyy guys:)

You better be happy cause I typed this and posted it on one of the most hectic days ever.... well maybe not that hectic. for a while i wasnt busy but in like ten minutes ill be offa here and doing something else...so yeah, i got this done JUST in time:) I hope you <3<3<3luvluvluv it!!! I spent some extra time making it (hopefully) better than my usualXD Ooo, and im totally addicted to Like we Used to by A Rocket To the Moon...best song in the history of best songs!!!! <3 Oh and the other on is dont stop believing by journey--never gets old even though it technically old!! do u guys like those songs?? Well, at least I tried. If you liked it, let me know---LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!! REALLY, DONT B SHY!! PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE????? Been reading some awesome stuff lately--poems and whatnot, just BE-A-U-TEE-FULL!!! anywho, thanks to fans, <3 u guys xoxox Your support and comments have been BEYOND amazing and i totalleeeee love you soooo much in a non-stalker or weird lesbo kinda way!! more xoxoxo's!! lolz And Remember------

Vote, Comment, Fan, but, (seriously) --ENJOY!!!! (is that getting old yet, cause im just gettin started lol)

============================================================

Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

Chapter 20-Chronicles of the North Woods.

=============================================================

"Where are we going?" I asked nervously. Derek turned and looked at me with an expression you could almost call playful.

"You'll see."

I gulped and reluctantly followed him down the staircase wondering if I really wanted to know what I was getting myself into. I was quickly finding out that boys from the backwoods let the fresh North Woods air go to their heads.

The stairs (which were quite creaky) led to the kitchen, which was surprisingly empty. I heard the background roar with conversation from the living room and the announcer naming the plays of the football game. The Detroit Lions were ahead of the Arizona Cardinals by six points. Back in the day, when we living in Utah, my dad would yell at the TV if our team wasn't winning.

While all that went on Derek rummaged through some cabinets and pulled out a couple thermoses. "Do you like hot chocolate?" When I nodded he started mixing some up in the thermoses while I looked around the kitchen. There was a cozy laid back theme to it that I had to admit reminded me of Brandon's house, except more countryish.

"Extra chocolate, Sam?" My mind sprung back to the present.

"Uh, yeah." I paused, with a smirk, "I drink 'em strong." Derek smiled and flashed me a look before he dumped more powder in the thermos.

"Oh, you bad girl." He joked. I couldn't help but laugh, it just felt natural.

"Almost a gangster."

Fifty seconds seemed like a long time while we watched the microwave spin the thermoses. I stared down at the counter wondering why I felt so nervous. I also felt self-conscience because I knew that Derek was watching me, even though I didn't know why.

I finally met his gaze and held it for a few seconds before the timer dung and Derek turned away to grab the hot chocolates. He set them on the counter, left, and cam back with two thick jackets. He handed me one and slipped on the other. I put mind on and followed him out the door carrying the two thermoses.

Snow flew at my face while I held onto Derek and the thermoses on the snowmobile, which by the way, I was not too thrilled about being on. I thought maybe we'd wind up ice skating on a frozen pond or building a bonfire, but my imagination would've never corrupted the real thing.